Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Justin Sherman

Post Thanks / Like

Justin Sherman

Yes please he is a proven game breaker and will be just the tonic for our apparent lack of pace. Has been terribly out of form but I believe his best footy is a head of him as he is still youngish and probably needs a change of scenery. He kicks inspiring goals and I have always been a fan.

With the mass exodus at Brisbane Voss will surely want to hold on to him. Does anyone know his position at the club? Is he dissatisfied, are there rumblings he wants out or is he just out of contract?

We should play long and hard for him, but what will they want (and what do they need that we've got) to get him in the red, white and blue?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Justin Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yes please he is a proven game breaker and will be just the tonic for our apparent lack of pace. Has been terribly out of form but I believe his best footy is a head of him as he is still youngish and probably needs a change of scenery. He kicks inspiring goals and I have always been a fan.

With the mass exodus at Brisbane Voss will surely want to hold on to him. Does anyone know his position at the club? Is he dissatisfied, are there rumblings he wants out or is he just out of contract?

We should play long and hard for him, but what will they want (and what do they need that we've got) to get him in the red, white and blue?
    A 2nd round pick will get the deal done. The Harbrow compenation picks will come in handy especially as we will most likely pick Wallis and Libba with our first 2 picks.
    I would like to hold onto one of the Harbrow picks for another draft.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this bloke would be a great fit for our footy club. Pace to burn and willing to take the game on. He is only 23, didn't have a great year which will hopefully see a second round pick could get the job done. Or we could throw Tiller in to sweeten the dea .
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle replacement maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sold on him personally,as although quick he butchers the sherrin.
    Prefer Tambling or Davey although we might need to give up to much I feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    A 2nd round pick will get the deal done. The Harbrow compenation picks will come in handy especially as we will most likely pick Wallis and Libba with our first 2 picks.
    I would like to hold onto one of the Harbrow picks for another draft.
    Hopefully we will end up with the first round selection straight after our first pick and not have to wait after the first round, so we'd most likely take Wallis at 22 and the Harbrow selection if we choose to use it this year on pick 23, i wonder if Sherman is worth that pick, or should we hold onto it for a few years, i bet Dalrymple would be very tempted to use that pick this year if he thinks we can land a good player in this years draft.

Would much prefer Sherman over Tambling any day of the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not sold on him personally,as although quick he butchers the sherrin.
    Prefer Tambling or Davey although we might need to give up to much I feel.
    Agree. Doesn't have any appeal to me, would rather look at a Tambling-type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Hopefully we will end up with the first round selection straight after our first pick and not have to wait after the first round, so we'd most likely take Wallis at 22 and the Harbrow selection if we choose to use it this year on pick 23, i wonder if Sherman is worth that pick, or should we hold onto it for a few years, i bet Dalrymple would be very tempted to use that pick this year if he thinks we can land a good player in this years draft.

Agreed, he offers so much more IMO and has a B&F to prove it. Tambling is one of the most overrated early round picks of the last 10 years. He just makes too many bad decisions.

We need a line breaker.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Agree. Doesn't have any appeal to me, would rather look at a Tambling-type.
    Why? What do you think he offers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post

Agree, would fit our needs much better(as well as being a much better player IMO).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think if we were to get a Tambling or Sherman, Everitt would be part of that swap

Post Thanks / Like

I would think if we were to get a Tambling or Sherman, Everitt would be part of that swap
    I would be happy with that.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I would hope that we get pick 23 for Harbrow and that would be enough.

Rosa for Hill
    Pick 18 for Everitt from Carlton that ideally we spend on a key back (could Watson last this long?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I would hope that we get pick 23 for Harbrow and that would be enough.

Rosa for Hill
    Pick 18 for Everitt from Carlton that ideally we spend on a key back (could Watson last this long?)
    That would be nice if it ends up like that, but i would probably prefer to use pick 18 on a small forward if a good one is available.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Why? What do you think he offers?
    Im not saying tambling-specifically, I would rather look for a solid CHB (not sure whos out there) or small crumbing forward, I just don't know Sherman is the answer? But also I haven't seen a lot of Sherman, why is he being thrown up with us, what has he got we need, he's not an in and under player is he? is he the running Outside player?