Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Justin Sherman

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Justin Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    It is understood he has a heavily back ended contract at the Lions and I suspect the Lions would prefer to trade him to a Club that could wear the bulk if not all of this loading assuming they are in as bad a shape financially as has been reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I think the challenge for any team dealing with Brisbane is how much of Sherman's salary they cover. The team that is prepared to pay the greatest majority of it is likely to get a much better deal from Brisbane.

Not sure if I explained that too well, but say he's on 400K a year & one team says we'll pay $350 of that, Brisbane may be prepared to accept a pick of about 30 & if another team says we'll only pay $250 of his salary, Brisbane might want a pick around 20. Just use those picks/figures as a guide to illustrate my point, forget the actuals as they may be nowhere near right.
    Thanks TCD. I agree. I endeavoured to make this point earlier in the thread. I suspect due to likely demand for a quick if Sherman does depart Brisbane that Brisbane wont be left carrying much if any of his back ended contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnno & Eagle were on the vets list, so we're only culling half of their salaries, Aker & Harbrow weren't on alot & even if you take out Everitt & Hill's salaries you have to factor into the equation recent re-signings in Lake, Cooney & Griffen (might be some serious coin there).
    Lake was last year, so this year's cap already included him. Griffen apparently stayed for a lot less than he was offered elsewhere. Not sure on Cooney, but I thought he already had a new contract done after his Brownlow, so wouldn't be in line for a massive increase.

2 pay rises you would think would be a fair bit less than 3-5 full salaries

I think the challenge for any team dealing with Brisbane is how much of Sherman's salary they cover. The team that is prepared to pay the greatest majority of it is likely to get a much better deal from Brisbane.

Not sure if I explained that too well, but say he's on 400K a year & one team says we'll pay $350 of that, Brisbane may be prepared to accept a pick of about 30 & if another team says we'll only pay $250 of his salary, Brisbane might want a pick around 20. Just use those picks/figures as a guide to illustrate my point, forget the actuals as they may be nowhere near right.
    My point exactly. Your numbers don't sound unreasonable either, which would mean it's either the higher salary and the Harbrow pick, or a Everitt/Hill pick if things like pick 18 from Carlton are accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I suspect due to likely demand for a quick if Sherman does depart Brisbane that Brisbane wont be left carrying much if any of his back ended contract.
    By the sounds of it, Brisbane would be well inclined to accept a lesser deal to make that happen, which actually puts us at a disadvantage compared to sides like Melbourne who forward-ended contracts this year to meet the minimum TPP
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

If he can bring this to the table
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKmV...eature=related
    I would be certainly inclined to grab him, fits the mould as a ball runner and line breaker which I think outweigh his deficiencies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    If he can bring this to the table
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKmV...eature=related
    I would be certainly inclined to grab him, fits the mould as a ball runner and line breaker which I think outweigh his deficiencies
    Fantstic pace. The kick went through but it was a floater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    He's the master of the floater.

We'd need to work hard to improve parts of his game - which may or may not work - but he's got talent (and pace) to burn.

A fit midfield trio of Cooney, Griffen and Sherman would be very exciting and hard to quell. Although, he's probably played better footy as a half forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    He's the master of the floater.

We'd need to work hard to improve parts of his game - which may or may not work - but he's got talent (and pace) to burn.

A fit midfield trio of Cooney, Griffen and Sherman would be very exciting and hard to quell. Although, he's probably played better footy as a half forward.
    I would add Higgins into that group as well, next year is a really big year for him personally as he needs to cement himself as primarily a midfielder who can push forward next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Tell me one player other than Harvey who moves that quick that doesn't have ordinary disposal.

Wojo, Davey they all butcher it at full tilt
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Tell me one player other than Harvey who moves that quick that doesn't have ordinary disposal.

Wojo, Davey they all butcher it at full tilt
    Judd @ West Coast, was why he was such an incredible player. Now he can't get to that pace in the first place.

You're right though, that extreme pace almost always comes at the price of foot skills.

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Matera.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Andrew Lovett, probably the best and most balanced kick at pace in the AFL the last few years. Pity his brain is anything but balanced.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Peter Matera.
    True. Current player
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Andrew Lovett, probably the best and most balanced kick at pace in the AFL the last few years. Pity his brain is anything but balanced.
    He might have to utilise his fast movement skills in prison...IF things don't go his way..
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    He might have to utilise his fast movement skills in prison...IF things don't go his way..
    I think his improved ball handling skills may means his pace isnt required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    I think his improved ball handling skills may means his pace isnt required
    I just spilt a mouthful of Canadian Club reading that. Fortunately not on my new camera!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I just spilt a mouthful of Canadian Club reading that. Fortunately not on my new camera!
    Suggest you drop the whole lot!