Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grand Final Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I feel for St. Kilda, even though I hate them. To basically lose three Grand Finals in a row can't be an easy pill to swallow. They were hammered today.

Goddard is a beast - unbelievable player.
    I feel nothing for them. In fact I think every Australian should be allowed to point and laugh at Milne - it should also be introduced as a compulsory activity for all new arrivals when getting their Australian citizenship.

Pies were the best team in 2010 and deserve the premiership. The nervous cat-in-the-headlight effort last week at least made their filthy fans sweat it out uncomfortably for an extra 7 days.

Hayes and Goddard aside, the rest of those mugs can go to buggery. Most of all Ross Lyon, who could have had 2 premierships if only he a) played Luke Ball for more than 45% game time in the 2009 GF, and b) chosen to trade him in exchange for Wellingham and Goldsack as compensation (instead of making him go through to the ND). Pride makes a man do stupid things.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    How good was Heath Shaw's dive to dislodge the ball just as Reiwoldt was about to kick a Saints goal? Inspirational!! Tom Harley was moved to refer to it as one of the best pieces of play he's ever seen.
    Shouldn't have been allowed.

According to the rules of internet footy fans, only club captains are permitted to do anything like this.

Post Thanks / Like

I went yesterday - my first ever GF, and the atmosphere from 2 pm onwards was electric - though having said that, I reckon the atmosphere at the Pies v Cats prelim was better.

Was sitting with Saints fans in the top deck of the Ponsford and they were grumpy through the first half, and with good cause. They were in that game up to their neck through the whole first half, mainly thanks to Goddard, and probably should've been level at half time.

Their ball use coming out of the back half was abysmal. Goddard was immense, but many others were having stinkers. Why couldn't Nick have played that bad 2 weeks ago? McEvoy shouldn't have been picked - Lyon should've pushed Kosi into the ruck, as he was again terrible, and is probably the easiest forward in the comp part time or otherwise to rebound off - and that includes Minson.

How they likely wish Lovett wasn't a complete tool, as Brett Peake is an out and out spud and cost them momentum in the 2nd quarter big time.

I don't like St Kilda, but I felt for their fans yesterday, just walking around in the last quarter dazed and glassy eyed. Tough gig - the B & W army were on fire, it was bedlam after the siren and trying to leave the ground after presentations, I'm seriously jealous

So despite watching the filth bask in it, it was a great experience
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    That was what I expected from the Pies last week. I could not believe how loud it was at the G today. I have been to many Grand Finals and this was by far the loudest.

Very disappointing effort by the MCC members - the top dozen rows of the MCC reserve was empty all the way around. I suppose free admission tends to make one complacent.
    ??????

MCC membership is no different to having a club membership with a seating package during the season. Neither is free.