Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Replay or Extra Time?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Replay it the following week...

19 54.29%
  • Extra time to decide a winner on the day...

16 45.71%
  • Toss a coin...

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Replay or Extra Time?

If the AFL was truly following tradition it should be decided on a countback like the Brownlow was. My personal preference is don't have a winner, just give them both runner up status.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The Captains of both clubs should unquestionably draw pistols at dusk in the centre square.

Do us all a favour.
    Like. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

As a neutral football fan, I love the fact that the AFL season is being extended by a week - it is like having Christmas 2 weeks in a row (come to think of it, I know what that is like too being born 5 days after Chrsitmas).

If the Doggies were playing my opinion would be completely different. I would be gutted to sit through the whole week and 2 hours of intense football, with the rollercoaster of emotions that go with it, only for the game to end in a draw and be faced with another whole week of the same thing. Then I would be all for overtime until there was a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I would rather a draw than a loss.

If my side was down to 17 fit players (or something) and had to play an extra 10 minutes each way and we LOST, I would be gutted.
    Yes, I was thinking about this yesterday........imagine this scenario, dogs in the GF, leading by 4 goals in the 3rd quarter, then Cooney and Lake struck down with hammys (or whatever) so they can't take any more part in the game. Higgins groin issue has reflared, so he is actually on one leg..... The opposition seize the momentum because of our injuries, and it is a draw. Would you really want to play another 10 or 15 minutes so that the opposition most likely would win - nooooooooo! Give us another chance to reload, regroup, freshen up, and roll the dice again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Yes, I was thinking about this yesterday........imagine this scenario, dogs in the GF, leading by 4 goals in the 3rd quarter, then Cooney and Lake struck down with hammys (or whatever) so they can't take any more part in the game. Higgins groin issue has reflared, so he is actually on one leg..... The opposition seize the momentum because of our injuries, and it is a draw. Would you really want to play another 10 or 15 minutes so that the opposition most likely would win - nooooooooo! Give us another chance to reload, regroup, freshen up, and roll the dice again!
    In that scenario I would go again... You might fluke a goal or 2 and actually win. Heaven help what would happen the following week with the players listed missing.

In all seriousness I voted for the replay option.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for the replay.

You go into the game knowing full well that if it is drawn you come back next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post

If the Doggies were playing my opinion would be completely different. I would be gutted to sit through the whole week and 2 hours of intense football, with the rollercoaster of emotions that go with it, only for the game to end in a draw and be faced with another whole week of the same thing. Then I would be all for overtime until there was a winner.
    Pies & Saints supporters going through hell this week, gee, what a shame...

Post Thanks / Like

The joy in winning is not just the final result.

It's the whole process. It's every game during the season. It's every finals game

In this case it's experiencing the extra week and the extra game.

It's the expectation.

Play it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Can't imagine them going through to much pain, they get to play in as many GF's in a fortnight as we have in the last 80 years.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Don't know about hell, Grand Final week all over again would be a little exciting.

But if it was us, I doubt whether I'd have any hair left after the replay. I'd be a nervous wreck the week preceding the first Granny, during the entire match right up to the final siren. Then I'd have to repeat it all over again. Could you apply for sick leave on that basis?

Post Thanks / Like

The Grand Final replay is a fantastic rule.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giansiraccuser View Post
    The Grand Final replay is a fantastic rule.
    Is that because there is a replay of the massive p1ss up at the Ice Chamber, Gia-cuser?

Post Thanks / Like

Replay here aswell, they've been the rules forever a day so why change them now! All are aware before the game starts if it's a draw they replay the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Is that because there is a replay of the massive p1ss up at the Ice Chamber, Gia-cuser?
    I hope not, thanks Ozza.

We catered for 25 people and had 50 turn up. The end result: 17 garbage bags full of stubbies, a front door sans the door, a sausage smeared across the bathroom wall and a hang over to rival the chaos. What a great day.

Still can't believe the Pies are sitting at $1.60 for next week. They look too wobbly for those odds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giansiraccuser View Post
    Still can't believe the Pies are sitting at $1.60 for next week. They look too wobbly for those odds.
    To me - it should be about 1.85 each of two....and personally I think St.Kilda will win. I have my doubts that Collingwood can gather up the emotional energy to channel it into this week. St.Kilda seem more up and about.