Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs chase Blues star Andrew Walker

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    In no way is that a bad thing.
    Strongly agree

If one could kick 30 to 40 goals in 2010 I would be wrapped

Post Thanks / Like

Djekurra (sp?) seems extremely similiar to Stack for mine, not lightning quick, big bodied and more suited to playing in the midfield. I don't think he's the saviour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Djekurra (sp?) seems extremely similiar to Stack for mine, not lightning quick, big bodied and more suited to playing in the midfield. I don't think he's the saviour.
    From what Ive seen, he's nothing like Stack. IMO Stack is not up to it. Djerrkura appears to have more natural talent, I reckon he's well worth a punt, as long as we dont give up too much.
    It would also depend on the coaching situation at Geelong. If a new coach comes in, he may want to give Djerrkura some opportunites.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    A new club could bring a new lease on life, for a late round pick, i would take the punt.
    I'd be reluctant to take any pleayer from Geelong other than a regular who wants to leave for a specific reason. The only player they've lost that has been any good at his next club is Mumford, and they desperately didn't want to lose him. The others who were supposed to be good players who just couldn't get a game because of how strong Geelong's team were have all been ordinary players elsewhere, ie Prismall, Callan, Playfair, Gardiner, or can we forget Peter Street!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked Djerkurra's stats
    in 2009 he played 3 games and laid 15 tackles (5 a game). Kicked no goals
    in 2010 he played 1 game for 2 tackles, no goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Djerkurra's main problem is finding the ball IMO. Whilst he always looks lively, he doesn't get his hands on the ball enough. This - coupled with suspect disposal - means I'd only take him for SFA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    In all honesty I would prefer to keep Everitt, Walker doesn't really interest me at all. May be a good athlete but one thing we don't need is another bloke with poor skills and/or decisions pumping the ball long into nothingness. He has probably been earmarked for a defensive role to free up Boyd/Cross when a simple twinge in game plan for these guys is needed.

To combat the frantic attack of Collingwood good decisions and clean skills are needed, we already have an excess of hard at it mids with questionable skills. Drafting another one is a step backward especially when considering the waywardness of our forward fifty entries this year.
    This ^^^^
    So injury prone. An athlete but....
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think we will get Walker as Carlton appear to want a little more than we are willing to offer.
    This is how I would like it to pan out
    Everitt St Kilda for a 2nd round pick.

Sherman to the Dogs with that same pick (we would take up the 3/4 of his salary that Brisbane are currently paying him).

Tambling to the Dogs with our 1st round (compensation pick) with Richmond paying him majority of the salary.

In an ideal world I would not want to give up a 1st round however sometimes you need to take a risk. He is currently contracted to the tigers and there would be a number of clubs seriously looking at him.

As I mentioned previously, I think Tambling has the biggest upside of all players that are linked to us. I know a number of you will strongly disagree with paying so much for Tambling however that is my take.

Hill to WCE for Rosa. Stack for Djerkurra or a late draft choice.

If clubs enquired about Minson and offered us something reasonable, I would seriously look at it. The days of 2 genuine ruckman in the one side are diminishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I would prefer Veszpremi to Djekurra, is capable of playing as a small forward or an outside mid with clean skills, good pace and an eye for a goal. Attitude is seemingly a problem but I doubt we would have to give up much.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to get Jeff Garlett. Would let Carlton name their price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    Would love to get Jeff Garlett. Would let Carlton name their price.
    What would that be?

I would be thinking from our young guys they would want Grant, Wood or Ward or a pick inside the top 12.

No thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I'd be reluctant to take any pleayer from Geelong other than a regular who wants to leave for a specific reason. The only player they've lost that has been any good at his next club is Mumford, and they desperately didn't want to lose him. The others who were supposed to be good players who just couldn't get a game because of how strong Geelong's team were have all been ordinary players elsewhere, ie Prismall, Callan, Playfair, Gardiner, or can we forget Peter Street!
    Who thought they were good? They were always spuds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Who thought they were good? They were always spuds.
    Prismall was the only one of those that was rated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    It's interesting isn't it? For all the talk that Geelong are a powerhouse and it is very hard to break into their side there actually have been enough new players come into it (Brynes, Varcoe when he was crap and a few others esp. in the fwd line). I think if you are good enough you will get games and 4 games in 2 years doesn't look good IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Prismall was the only one of those that was rated.
    Agreed. But those two especially were VFL players at best