Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs chase Blues star Andrew Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's interesting isn't it? For all the talk that Geelong are a powerhouse and it is very hard to break into their side there actually have been enough new players come into it (Brynes, Varcoe when he was crap and a few others esp. in the fwd line). I think if you are good enough you will get games and 4 games in 2 years doesn't look good IMO.
    Agree, which is one of the reasons I'm not overly excited about chasing Djerrkura. No team, no matter how could they supposedly are, have 22 stars. There has been numerous opportunities for these guys who aren't regulars to stamp their place in the team, none of them have.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Desipura in regards to Tambling,he's got the biggest upside without doubt.
    Don't think We'll get Walker as Carlton want the world!
    Sherman's salary might scare us off I'd reckon
    Rosa No thankyou

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Agree, which is one of the reasons I'm not overly excited about chasing Djerrkura. No team, no matter how could they supposedly are, have 22 stars. There has been numerous opportunities for these guys who aren't regulars to stamp their place in the team, none of them have.
    Yes however that doesn't mean they can't prosper in a new environment.

Post Thanks / Like

Dammit. I can See Everrit really prospering with a change in club. He has looked good on field despite his questionable work rate ( the only reason he has been out, correct me if I am wrong? )
    . Would hate to lose him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Funny how we see Everitt prospering at another club (including me) but we can't see it happening in reverse with us getting a recycled player.

Whichever way we go I reckon we need some pace and some of the names mentioned would have it.

Post Thanks / Like

Todd Viney was in Echuca/Moama over the weekend to visit a mutual friend and said the Crows would only take one of Walker and Jacobs(with Jacobs being the one).

Everyone up here is still fairly confident AW is going to end up a Dog, but a three way is probably going to be the way it happens.

He had a pretty uncomfortable night last night at the Blues B&F thanks to the article in the H/S.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

This from a Carlton supporters site, for what it's worth

http://www.carltonsc.com/modules.php...ghlight=walker

Now to the inside info ( from Carlton B and F night)

Had a good chat with Steven Icke (at least 5 mins). I asked him about a whole range of trade topics, and he said the following things:

WALKER -

-Swann said that he is a now a big chance to stay.
    -Asked about Everitt and he said that we knocked them back straight away.
    -Also said that the doggies have "f**k all" on their list they can give us or are willing to give us, so a trade with them is highly unlikely.
    -I forgot to ask about the Adelaide interest but i got the impression in his tone and body language that Walker to Adelaide was no longer likely.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Does having trade history with other clubs in the past ( EG Moles / cats ) make any difference / make it easier to get the Djerrukra deal done?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    This from a Carlton supporters site, for what it's worth

http://www.carltonsc.com/modules.php...ghlight=walker

Now to the inside info ( from Carlton B and F night)

Had a good chat with Steven Icke (at least 5 mins). I asked him about a whole range of trade topics, and he said the following things:

WALKER -

-Swann said that he is a now a big chance to stay.
    -Asked about Everitt and he said that we knocked them back straight away.
    -Also said that the doggies have "f**k all" on their list they can give us or are willing to give us, so a trade with them is highly unlikely.
    -I forgot to ask about the Adelaide interest but i got the impression in his tone and body language that Walker to Adelaide was no longer likely.
    The coach doesn't want him there and he wants out, so I guess we'll see.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Does having trade history with other clubs in the past ( EG Moles / cats ) make any difference / make it easier to get the Djerrukra deal done?
    Moles was taken through the rookie draft, but Geelong did donate Tim Callan to us for a late pick a couple of years ago.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Dammit. I can See Everrit really prospering with a change in club. He has looked good on field despite his questionable work rate ( the only reason he has been out, correct me if I am wrong? )
    . Would hate to lose him.
    A lot of players do succeed at other clubs because they are often given a task that suits them and the fact that it's normally a timely wake-up call for them.
    Ray has done exceptionally well for the Saints and has just about doubled his tackle count from when he played with us. He has obviously responded well to the tasks Lyon has given him.

If Everitt was to succeed elsewhere (I really don't think he will be traded) it will be because a team has a specific spot for him which is something he hasn't been able to establish himself with us. Perhaps it's the likes of Morris and Hargrave holding him back in defence or now Grant and Jones taking away an opportunity up forward.

It wouldn't surprise me if Everitt kicked on with another side.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Sherman isn't someone that would be high on the list if I was recruiting because his contract is too high.
    Agree he isnt worth anything near his asking price no matter what Brisbane pays. What happens after the 2nd year? We ask him to take a 500k a year paycut I dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Would love to get Djerrkura & for a late pick, i think would be gettable.

I haven't seen a lot of him, is more an outside player?
    Im told by Cat Supporters he is much the same as Varcoe just a little slower. Id like to get him if its cheaply.

Post Thanks / Like

Not surprising that Walker was not in the top 10 of the Carlton B&F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Not surprising that Walker was not in the top 10 of the Carlton B&F
    Walker....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Cons
    Bad shoulders- injury prone
    Bad shoulders- means that he cant hold players while tackling, or be as strong in marking contests...think Mitch Hahn now (exciting when he was 24, a creaky old man at 28!)
    Bad decision maker

Pros
    Doesnt shy away from a contest
    Quick, hard running
    Can kick a goal when playing up forward
    Could play in both the midfield and as a forward

I would be happy to obtain his services, but NOT as a direct swap for Everitt!

Post Thanks / Like

Swann's not going to come out and say he's going,but you'd have to imagine if he's not getting on with Ratten he's goneski!