Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs chase Blues star Andrew Walker

I think we need to trade Everitt so we dont run the risk of losing him next year as an uncontracted player.
    Its obvious he is not in Eade's bext 22, how is it going to change next year?
    GVGjr, why would you want to retain him and potentially lose him for nothing next year?

Post Thanks / Like

SENTrade Talk has tweeted just after 11 am this morning that 'Andrew Walker wants to go to the Western Bulldogs' FWIW
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

If that comes to pass we end up with the number 1 and 2 picks from that draft!

Post Thanks / Like

would rather Everitt than Walker myself. Unless he gets some teflon shoulder implants.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

If we do trade for Djerkurra, does anybody think that either he or Hooper will be earmarked to take over Harbrow's attacking defender role in 2011? Keeping in mind that Hooper played most of his junior footy in defence, averaging good numbers and even for his size ranking high in marks from oposition kicks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthewest View Post
    If we do trade for Djerkurra, does anybody think that either he or Hooper will be earmarked to take over Harbrow's attacking defender role in 2011? Keeping in mind that Hooper played most of his junior footy in defence, averaging good numbers and even for his size ranking high in marks from oposition kicks.
    At 172cm Hooper will struggle at AFL level as a defender IMO. If he was earmarked for the role, he would have spent time ther at VFL level (he spent almost all his time forward).

Djerkurra plays midfield at VFL level. I actually think we are ok for Harbrow's replacement with Wood & Murphy playing back - Wood provides the run & drive, and Murphy the creativity.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    SENTrade Talk has tweeted just after 11 am this morning that 'Andrew Walker wants to go to the Western Bulldogs' FWIW
    I posted this in the 'trading' thread, he has chosen the Dogs as the club he wants to get traded to. He's not overly confident of getting his wish as he's still contracted, Carlton are pricks to deal with and they will over price him(and they don't want Everitt).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    At 172cm Hooper will struggle at AFL level as a defender IMO. If he was earmarked for the role, he would have spent time ther at VFL level (he spent almost all his time forward).

Djerkurra plays midfield at VFL level. I actually think we are ok for Harbrow's replacement with Wood & Murphy playing back - Wood provides the run & drive, and Murphy the creativity.
    Murph: I agree, but worry a bit about his knee. Racking up the operations. Anyway, we need more than one creative half back. Options if injured?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I posted this in the 'trading' thread, he has chosen the Dogs as the club he wants to get traded to. He's not overly confident of getting his wish as he's still contracted, Carlton are pricks to deal with and they will over price him(and they don't want Everitt).
    Yeah great for club morale with 3 players wanting out ! Don't underestimate Eade's caginess in trade week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    One thing you have to admire about Rocket is his ability to attract good footballers to our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    One thing you have to admire about Rocket is his ability to attract good footballers to our club.
    A far cry from Jade Rawlings who had to be dragged kicking & screaming & couldn't find the exit door quick enough.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    A far cry from Jade Rawlings who had to be dragged kicking & screaming & couldn't find the exit door quick enough.
    Or such AFL royalty like Ben Holland refusing to play for us. Talk about dodge a bullet there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Wish he had found it quicker.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Murph: I agree, but worry a bit about his knee. Racking up the operations. Anyway, we need more than one creative half back. Options if injured?
    Isn't Howard earmarked for HBF?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    With Lake, Williams, Murphy, Morris, Wood, Hargrave and Gilbee we have 7 already to rotate into 6 spots, and I'm assuming Howard wont play at all in 2011 and only start to establish himself as a player in 2012.
    This also excludes Tutt from calculations as well as whoever we draft & rookie this year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers