Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ablett press conference 12.30pm

No great shock here.
    This emphasizes why the AFL must put paid to any future GF replays,as this announcement and numerous other stories have dwarfed a Grand Final!
    Announcements are always made in the week preceeding trade week,a silly antiquated rule that was relevant in the 40's and 70's but not in this era

Post Thanks / Like

After Brisbane's 4 Grand Final's appearences in a row, their downfall was bottom 8 from 2005-2008 and then Wooden Spoon 2010. Geelong headed that way? Anyone here think they won't make the 8 next year? I can't see them missing it.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see them not making it. They have a rapidly aging list and as we found out with Johnno and Hahn it can happen quickly. Without Ablett their next tier of midfielders will really be tested and I'm looking forward to seeing how Selwood copes with it. And finally no Thompson could throw things out quite a bit.

I actually think they will make the 8 though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It takes Geelong 5 minutes to remove Ablett from their list, but after a week Harbrow still appears on ours.

See here: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/pl...0/default.aspx
    And "He who shall not be named" disappeared quick as a flash...but most WOOFers would be happy with that.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    And "He who shall not be named" disappeared quick as a flash...but most WOOFers would be happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Aker was removed pretty quickly.
    Beat me to it.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Selwood copes with it. .
    Yeah.
    Nothing personal against Selwood but it does get me pissed off when you use to hear things like "he's played 80 games and only 5 have been losses".
    (or whatever the stats are?)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad it's all over and done with now, truly got sick of hearing about Gablett and how he was agonizing with the decision. Good luck to him and wish him the best, losing Harbrow doesn't seem so bad now when you compare it to the heartbroken Geelong supporters losing Ablett.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    I'm glad it's all over and done with now, truly got sick of hearing about Gablett and how he was agonizing with the decision. Good luck to him and wish him the best, losing Harbrow doesn't seem so bad now when you compare it to the heartbroken Geelong supporters losing Ablett.
    I wouldn't be complaining if I was a Geelong supporter as at least GAjr helped them to 2 flags.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be complaining if I was a Geelong supporter as at least GAjr helped them to 2 flags.
    Well that's exactly how I'd be thinking also, a couple of Geelong supporting workmates were absolutely distraught today to the point of not being able to eat their lunch. When the news was finally announced they both said that they won't win premierships without him and that they were doomed, they really love their Gaz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Well that's exactly how I'd be thinking also, a couple of Geelong supporting workmates were absolutely distraught today to the point of not being able to eat their lunch. When the news was finally announced they both said that they won't win premierships without him and that they were doomed, they really love their Gaz.
    Tell them to harden up.... 2 flags in 4 years and they still are sooking..... Our whole team could leave after winning just one flag.

And after their capitulation in the PF they wouldn't have won another one with him and they should be able to get some good players in with the picks they will receive.

Post Thanks / Like

Tell them to harden up.... 2 flags in 4 years and they still are sooking..... Our whole team could leave after winning just one flag.
    They are big time sooks, we've had many a conversation about what that team has achieved, I had a laugh as I was leaving work tonight, one of them whom I've never seen drink was in the boardroom drinking a beer, so I walked in and asked him why he was drinking and he just shook his shoulders and said "I'm really upset", I laughed and told him to get over it and that his team will be very well compensated for Ablett's departure.

Post Thanks / Like

And after their capitulation in the PF they wouldn't have won another one with him and they should be able to get some good players in with the picks they will receive.
    Exactly, haven't won a flag 44 years or whatever it is and then they win 2 in 3 years. That would keep a Bulldogs supporter going for 20-30 years.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Exactly, haven't won a flag 44 years or whatever it is and then they win 2 in 3 years. That would keep a Bulldogs supporter going for 20-30 years.
    Ah if only.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, can't believe some of these supporters of other teams - they are soft, just soft!