Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fremantle - New Jumper & Logo

I have to congratulate Fremantle in changing their strip, although i would like it better if the away strip had black shorts.
    Now for that god awful song, that song is easily the worst club song by the length of the flemington straight. That Ken Walther who wrote that garbage thinks its his best work in the 26 years he has been in the industry. Give it a spell Ken cause if thats the best you can do then you should have been on the dole years ago. I feel for the freo players having to get excited about singing heave ho way to go and give it the old heave ho. If i was a player there i would have it stipulated in my contract that under no circumstances will i ever sing that rubbish.
    Having said all that I would have our song 2nd worst in the AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I have to congratulate Fremantle in changing their strip, although i would like it better if the away strip had black shorts.
    Now for that god awful song, that song is easily the worst club song by the length of the flemington straight. That Ken Walther who wrote that garbage thinks its his best work in the 26 years he has been in the industry. Give it a spell Ken cause if thats the best you can do then you should have been on the dole years ago. I feel for the freo players having to get excited about singing heave ho way to go and give it the old heave ho. If i was a player there i would have it stipulated in my contract that under no circumstances will i ever sing that rubbish.
    Having said all that I would have our song 2nd worst in the AFL.
    If our song is worse than Port Power's I'm clearly deaf.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I think it is, ours has so many patches on it it feels like a jumbled mess.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to admit it but as much as i love winning i hate our song.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think much of our song, either.

I must admit it does sound pretty good singing it after a win, but any other times it sounds like it's been mixed and matched over the years. Oh yeah, it has.

Love the Willi song.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I don't think much of our song, either.

I must admit it does sound pretty good singing it after a win, but any other times it sounds like it's been mixed and matched over the years. Oh yeah, it has.

Love the Willi song.
    Probably time for a change and yes the Williamstown one is pretty good. Not the one they play at Box Hill though. That version irritates me
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I hate to admit it but as much as i love winning i hate our song.
    I didn't say it wasn't 3rd worst, just that Port's is more terribler, to my ears anyway.

The problem is if they tried to change it they would unquestionably just make it worse.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't say it wasn't 3rd worst, just that Port's is more terribler, to my ears anyway.

The problem is if they tried to change it they would unquestionably just make it worse.
    When i ever i hear the Melbourne song I always replace the 'and the' in the 'red and the blue' to white and wish they i could go back in time before Melbourne had that song and pass it off as our own.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=The Underdog;188052]I didn't say it wasn't 3rd worst, just that Port's is more terribler, to my ears anyway.

The Eagles one isn't that flash either, given all they tell us is that they're the West Coast Weagles (duh!) and they're flying high. Even my partner who barracks for WC hates it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    The Eagles one isn't that flash either, given all they tell us is that they're the West Coast Weagles (duh!) and they're flying high. Even my partner who barracks for WC hates it.
    The Best/Worst part of that song is the fake cheering in the background.

And I am another who doesn't actually like our song. I always imagine it being played on a Tuba and as a result it's a really slow and sombre tune.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post
    I actually thought their old strip was fantastic.
    And green!
    Green is great.
    I can't understand why Gold Coast, with a chance to design a jumper from scratch, went with orange/red and yellow.
    Looks like a McDonalds advert.
    Nail on head. Would not be surprised to see Macca's as major sponsor very soon. Hungry Jacks have done very well out of Westcoast, remember.

Post Thanks / Like

The worst part about the Fremantle song is the Heave-Ho part at the start...the 'Way to go, hit em up high hit em down below' or whatever bit sounds like a footy song and is fine.

West Coast's and Port's are woeful.

Our song is fine - the lyrics are great - but I just wish the music was a little more aggressive than the 'Sons of the Sea' backing track. I propose a 'Killing in the Name Of' remix that is sung from this point forward.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    The worst part about the Fremantle song is the Heave-Ho part at the start...the 'Way to go, hit em up high hit em down below' or whatever bit sounds like a footy song and is fine.

West Coast's and Port's are woeful.

Our song is fine - the lyrics are great - but I just wish the music was a little more aggressive than the 'Sons of the Sea' backing track. I propose a 'Killing in the Name Of' remix that is sung from this point forward.
    I second this motion. Genius.