Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs forward Josh Hill returning to WA

By BRAD ELBOROUGH
    October 02, 2010

WESTERN Bulldogs forward Josh Hill could be targeted by West Coast when AFL Trade Week begins on Tueday.

Hill is believed to want to return home to WA and Eagles coach John Worsfold has said a small forward would be a target for the club, to free up Mark LeCras.

Hill, drafted at No. 61 from Claremont in 2006, has played 54 AFL games in four seasons, kicking 70 goals.

While 2009 was his best, kicking 33 goals in 23 games, Hill managed only 12 games this season.

He kicked 21 goals, but failed to retain his spot in the side in the lead-up to the finals.

Nathan Eagleton's retirement after the Bulldogs preliminary final loss to St Kilda, could open up opportunities for Hill at The Whitten Oval, but he is believed to be looking for a move.

Worsfold is also tipped to look to add some experienced players to his list.

Hill, 21, played 11 VFL games this season with Williamstown, which finished on top of the ladder, kicking 11 goals.

Matt Spangher could make up part of a possible trade to the Bulldogs for Hill.

Spangher, 23, taken at No. 34 in the 2005 AFL Draft, pulled out of contract talks with West Coast, citing a desire to return to Melbourne. He has played 26 games in three seasons, including just eight in 2010.

Good WAFL form with East Fremantle saw Spangher force his way back into the Eagles' defence for the last four games of the season.

Another West Australian on the Bulldogs list starved for opportunity, former Perth player Brennan Stack, could also be on the move after playing just eight AFL games this season.

Stack, 22, taken at No. 45 in the 2006 draft, has played 11 games in two seasons with the Bulldogs.

Link

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs forward Josh Hill returning to WA

That has been lifted straight off BigFooty.

What a load of crap.

Post Thanks / Like

What sort of bullshit definitive headline is that?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    That has been lifted straight off BigFooty.

What a load of crap.
    Don't read bigfooty, doesn't surprise me that it has been taken from it.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    What sort of bullshit definitive headline is that?
    Me or the one in the link?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Don't read bigfooty, doesn't surprise me that it has been taken from it.

Me or the one in the link?
    No, I'm sure Comrade means the Sub Editor of the Sunday Times.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Just read BF and the landscape according to them is there will be 5,000 trades this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just read BF and the landscape according to them is there will be 5,000 trades this year
    Similar to the Dogs FB page, where, if some had their way, we'd have the likes of Gia, Boyd, Cross, Minson, Jones out... one post I read a few days ago even said Markovic is an automatic "In" for Round 1 2011...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I like the last statement that says Worsfold will not trade his last pick then in the same sentance he will if he gets right offer.
    What a waste of a statement whoever wrote that.

Post Thanks / Like

This appears to be a case of a reporter not digging deep enough to check his sources. On face value it makes sense to link a former WA with a WA club that is tying to improve its list but I don't think he has done his homework.

Time will tell though but I wonder how many clubs would be interested in Hill?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This appears to be a case of a reporter not digging deep enough to check his sources. On face value it makes sense to link a former WA with a WA club that is tying to improve its list but I don't think he has done his homework.

Time will tell though but I wonder how many clubs would be interested in Hill?
    Surely would be a few. Has ability and can take a mark.

St.Kilda or Carlton perhaps would be.

What is his contract status?

Post Thanks / Like

this article is full of massive assumptions. Poor journalism indeed. Stack and Hill have not been starved of opportunity. They just lack any ticker about them, their defensive efforts are poor. Howard playing in one of the finals just shows how much Stack has fallen away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    this article is full of massive assumptions. Poor journalism indeed. Stack and Hill have not been starved of opportunity. They just lack any ticker about them, their defensive efforts are poor. Howard playing in one of the finals just shows how much Stack has fallen away

Oops

Post Thanks / Like

good pickup hot doggies. Hooper was what I meant.