Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs to maul debt

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    What about forum members all throw in $50 each. I am not sure how many members we have, but say we get 100 to throw in the $50 as a WOOF contribution, thats a nice $5000. Can you and others afford that?
    I would be in that. Good idea BAD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Isn't Smorgo almost a billionaire?
    If so, he should take a leaf out of Dick Pratt's book and match every dollar raised.

But hard to know how much he has put in already.

Post Thanks / Like

Might go and buy that $300 Cooney Brownlow piece ive had my eyes on down at the Kennel. Surely thats a 'contribution'

Will upgrade my membership from 11>17 aswell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Groenewagon View Post
    If so, he should take a leaf out of Dick Pratt's book and match every dollar raised.

But hard to know how much he has put in already.
    I would suggest Smorgon and Susan Alberti put their hand a fair way into their own pockets already.

I shudder to think how much Smorgon would have put in circa 1997 and 2003.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I would suggest Smorgon and Susan Alberti put their hand a fair way into their own pockets already.

I shudder to think how much Smorgon would have put in circa 1997 and 2003.
    Plus George Pappas who is also a milionnaire in his own right
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Plus George Pappas who is also a milionnaire in his own right
    Does anyone know if the club keeps a database of wealthy Bulldogs supporters?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Does anyone know if the club keeps a database of wealthy Bulldogs supporters?
    As someone who does the odd on-line survey perhaps we could add in the "How much money does the household earn?" to our members survey.

As soon as someone plugs in $250K+ all sorts of bells & whistles should go off and then we can lock in on the intended target.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As someone who does the odd on-line survey perhaps we could add in the "How much money does the household earn?" to our members survey.

As soon as someone plugs in $250K+ all sorts of bells & whistles should go off and then we can lock in on the intended target.
    Good idea, not hard to implement either.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

From the article.
    So we're going to post a large profit but we spend the least on our football department? I know Rose loves to see a surplus but this is a travesty.

Almost every single dollar of that profit should be poured back into our footy department to ensure we're at least on reasonably level terms with the rest of the competition. We'll look back on this period as a huge missed opportunity to really entrench ourselves a potential powerhouse, hampered by our administration's desire to make the books look good.

The executive team must understand that the only way to long term stability is a premiership, not penny pinching every dollar.

Am I out of line here?
    There is a difference between profit and cash. And it depends on the definition of Profit which may well be earnings before interest.

Post Thanks / Like

Rose was saying on SEN the club will ask all bulldogs for life members to add $10 on their membership for three years to help contribute. If there are say 20,000 bulldog for life members, at $10 each then thats $200,000 per year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    There is a difference between profit and cash. And it depends on the definition of Profit which may well be earnings before interest.
    Yes, you're right but wouldn't profit reports take into account interest repayments?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you're right but wouldn't profit reports take into account interest repayments?
    Depends on whether the profit they're quoting is before or after interest (EBIT - earnings before interest and tax - is often used to gauge profitability). Profit can also be skewed by non cash items, like depreciation and sales for which payment has not been received yet.

Cash is king, and if you've got $1,000,000,000,000,000 of profit, but only $1 of cash in the bank, profit means zip since you can't pay bills with profit.

I think an extra $500 a year for a bulldogs supporter is a massive ask, ESPECIALLY if you're already contributing with a membership. My uncle saves up all year for his membership, and I've given him a membership voucher as a birthday present to help along the way too. Massive ask (I'll be trying to kick in a bit extra though....ugh, a couple less drinks at the pub tonight).

Post Thanks / Like

Just hope the club thinks outside the square ,like dinners or a day in the coaches box (warning coarse language)instead of just slinging everyone for cash!

Post Thanks / Like

Rose was saying on SEN the club will ask all bulldogs for life members to add $10 on their membership for three years to help contribute. If there are say 20,000 bulldog for life members, at $10 each then thats $200,000 per year.

Bulldog for life could contribute say $5 or $10 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Actually a great idea and should be able to get it cleared.

10,000 members/sponsors/supporters contributing an average of $500 gets it done.

So people get together with enough to afford a combined $500 and you contribute one unit to play your part.
    I notice a few suggesting they can't afford $500 but what I am really suggesting is get together with fellow supporters/members.

If 10 of you combine it is $50 each but if it takes 100 it is $5 each.

I will do what I can via my Bulldog for Life.

I am sure there are a few who can find something. $20 is not even a packet of smokes and would go nowhere on a night out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Bulldog for life could contribute say $5 or $10 per month.
    I can do that.