Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs to maul debt

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Bulldog for life could contribute say $5 or $10 per month.
    maybe he did say per month, sorry. Not sure if too many would do that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Would it look suss if we got a grant from Julia.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Would it look suss if we got a grant from Julia.
    Get Jules to increase the mining tax by 1% with all that money donated to the Bulldoze the Debt fund.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in Dogs..
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As someone who does the odd on-line survey perhaps we could add in the "How much money does the household earn?" to our members survey.

As soon as someone plugs in $250K+ all sorts of bells & whistles should go off and then we can lock in on the intended target.
    We will have to earn that soon to afford our utilities bills.
    and some more with the emissions tax.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Rose was saying on SEN the club will ask all bulldogs for life members to add $10 on their membership for three years to help contribute. If there are say 20,000 bulldog for life members, at $10 each then thats $200,000 per year.
    How much of his salary will he be putting in ?
    Already support the club with a family social membership and see two games a year if lucky.
    Maybe the could take a fresh approach, instead of blaming supporters or asking the members to put their hands into their pockets.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    How much of his salary will he be putting in ?
    Already support the club with a family social membership and see two games a year if lucky.
    Maybe the could take a fresh approach, instead of blaming supporters or asking the members to put their hands into their pockets.

Whats the fresh approach?

I certainly don't think the club is blaming the supporters in this instance but is hoping enough of then can chip in and kick start this.

It's a huge ask though because a lot of people dig very deep each year and don't get genuine value for money. Some even chip in to help the club get a full quota of rookies and add Bulldogs Backyard packages as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's a huge ask though because a lot of people dig very deep each year and don't get genuine value for money. Some even chip in to help the club get a full quota of rookies and add Bulldogs Backyard packages as well.
    ...and some supporters do all this and still can't get a ticket through the club for the one game played in their home state during the season.

Very frustrated with things like this - it is pretty much unconditional love but there are times when you wish it was a little less one sided.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    ...and some supporters do all this and still can't get a ticket through the club for the one game played in their home state during the season.

Very frustrated with things like this - it is pretty much unconditional love but there are times when you wish it was a little less one sided.
    This is the type of outcome I hear constantly.
    At Darwin the club hosts an event and this years one was from all reports was a shocker and vastly down in standards from previous years. I know the players sponsors night was clearly inferior to all the previous ones I have attended and I hear a lot of people were disappointed with some other club events this year.

Most would agree that memberships aren't the greatest value you could spend the money on but accept that as being part of what they can do to assist the club.

A lot of us will help with the debt reduction effort because we know it's required but I'd like to think the club can lift it's own standards at helping the supporters get some more value from the memberships.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    This is the type of outcome I hear constantly.
    At Darwin the club hosts an event and this years one was from all reports was a shocker and vastly down in standards from previous years. I know the players sponsors night was clearly inferior to all the previous ones I have attended and I hear a lot of people were disappointed with some other club events this year.

Most would agree that memberships aren't the greatest value you could spend the money on but accept that as being part of what they can do to assist the club.

A lot of us will help with the debt reduction effort because we know it's required but I'd like to think the club can lift it's own standards at helping the supporters get some more value from the memberships.
    One of my bug bears of the past has been not so much the value for money in regards to events but just value for money in regards to having a 17 game membership, but literally only having 14 or 15 games to be able to attend [for those that simply cannot travel interstate to attend games], so already in many regards supporters are being ripped off somewhat and i know personally a few people who have gone back to an 11 gamer just to justify things for themselves.

The 11 gamer is compensated by giving those the 2 extra away games to attend in Melbourne for the Darwin & Canberra home games we play and that is great, but it rips off the 17 gamer who also is most likely to miss out on a game at Geelong as what, 500 or so opposition supporters get to attend from a possible 35,000 members or a breakdown of 17 game holders whatever that number is.

I still purchase my 17 gamer in good faith and is that little bit extra i tip into the club every year, but alot won't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just hope the club thinks outside the square ,like dinners or a day in the coaches box (warning coarse language)instead of just slinging everyone for cash!
    I suggested this a while back and actually sent the club an email with my suggestion but never heard anything. I called it "A Day with the Dogs" which included the following...

Changeroom access before the game
    Sit in on players address before game
    Sit in coaches box for entire game
    Allowed on ground with coaching staff for warmup and at qtr and 3 qtr time
    Sit in on players address after match
    Photo with Rocket and favourite player
    Signed guernsey by faveourite player

All for $2500

1 person per 22 rounds this would generate $55,000 for the club.

Oh well.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

^I done most of that stuff back in 1998 DOG_GOD, was an awesome experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    ^I done most of that stuff back in 1998 DOG_GOD, was an awesome experience.
    You serious? How was it and did it cost u?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    You serious? How was it and did it cost u?
    Was before the final against WCE at the MCG, i went in before the game & met the players. Bubba was my favourite player back then, so he came over & spoke to me, as did Plough.

Didn't cost me a cent, my Dad sent in a letter to Wallace because i had a story about why i was there. I had school camp to Queensland which everyone was going on, but i decided to stay because we were in the finals & put the school trip to Queensland off.

After my Dad sent in the letter, Terry wrote back & organised for me to go into the rooms. I watched them all walk around talking and warming up, then i went out onto the MCG to watch the guys warm up. I got photos with the players after the game, as we went back into the rooms when the match had finished.

I was supposed to be apart of the team address before the game, where Terry was going to introduce me to the group. But the guy who was giving us the tour said it was time to go, my Dad was grateful for what they had already done, so we decided to do as they asked.

Was one of the greatest days off my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Was before the final against WCE at the MCG, i went in before the game & met the players. Bubba was my favourite player back then, so he came over & spoke to me, as did Plough.

Didn't cost my a cent, my Dad sent in a letter to Wallace because i had a story about why i was there. I had school camp to Queensland which everyone was going on, but i decided to stay because we were in the finals & put the school trip to Queensland off.

After my Dad sent in the letter, Terry wrote back & organised for me to go into the rooms. I watched them all walk around talking and warming up, then i went out onto the MCG to watch the guys warm up. I got photos with the players after the game, as we went back into the rooms when the match had finished.

I was supposed to be apart of the team address before the game, where Terry was going to introduce me to the group. But the guy who was giving us the tour said it was time to go, my Dad was grateful for what they had already done, so we decided to do as they asked.

Was one of the greatest days off my life.
    Im sure it was dude...thats unbelievable. I know u got that for free, but if my idea was put in place, do you think $2500 is a reasonable asking price, and would many supporters be interested?