Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs to maul debt

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Im sure it was dude...thats unbelievable. I know u got that for free, but if my idea was put in place, do you think $2500 is a reasonable asking price, and would many supporters be interested?
    Every supporter would be interested.

The price, if it involved everything you have said, then probably fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Every supporter would be interested.

The price, if it involved everything you have said, then probably fair.
    Just a pity the club isnt interested. Thanks for your comments though.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Whats the fresh approach?

I certainly don't think the club is blaming the supporters in this instance but is hoping enough of then can chip in and kick start this.
    Agree with you in this instance.
    I think Smorgon and Rose have been brilliant for our club, but on occasions I think they have been out of line with certain comments about us and our support.

It's a huge ask though because a lot of people dig very deep each year and don't get genuine value for money. Some even chip in to help the club get a full quota of rookies and add Bulldogs Backyard packages as well
    It all depends on our future performances, If we win a flag in the next year or two every cent we have put in will be worth it.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Agree with you in this instance.
    I think Smorgon and Rose have been brilliant for our club, but on occasions I think they have been out of line with certain comments about us and our support.
    Yes it's a tired old cliche of theirs that puts the onus on the fans joining up each season. At least this time they have approached the fans in a far more meaningful manner.

Whilst I'll chip in I just wish the club provided the fans with more at club events rather than just going though the motions. There is a number of events now that I doubt I will attend in the future because the standard has been slipping.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Western Bulldogs to maul debt

I suggested this a while back and actually sent the club an email with my suggestion but never heard anything. I called it "A Day with the Dogs" which included the following...

Changeroom access before the game
    Sit in on players address before game
    Sit in coaches box for entire game
    Allowed on ground with coaching staff for warmup and at qtr and 3 qtr time
    Sit in on players address after match
    Photo with Rocket and favourite player
    Signed guernsey by faveourite player

All for $2500

1 person per 22 rounds this would generate $55,000 for the club.

Oh well.
    This idea is a common sense approach for raising funds for the club, even a watered down version would attract alot of interest from members.
    With staff of the club on this forum more interest/discussion on the forum might get the message through.

I for one would be keen to pay for the privilege.

Go Dogs 2011..........................................

Post Thanks / Like

I agree kaiser. Its things like this that really takes it outside the box. Its fair to say that not everyone could afford it, and the last thing i would want to do is suggest something that only a minority could par take in, but having said that, its a way and a means of knocking some cash together quickly for the club and giving some lucky supporters an opportunity they would never forget. The club giving something back to the fans.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Western Bulldogs to maul debt

I agree kaiser. Its things like this that really takes it outside the box. Its fair to say that not everyone could afford it, and the last thing i would want to do is suggest something that only a minority could par take in, but having said that, its a way and a means of knocking some cash together quickly for the club and giving some lucky supporters an opportunity they would never forget. The club giving something back to the fans.
    Your last quote sums up alot of thoughts not being said aloud, Well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I can't afford to chip in any more than I already do, I'm at the limit of my budget most weeks (and usually exceed it come September) and just don't have the cash to spare.

So…

What I'm gonna do instead, to do my part for a club that's given me 28 years of joy (punctuated with heartache but we'll leave that alone) is put my services as a web designer out there, massively discounted to anybody who takes me up on it.

So if you have a business interested in a website and e-marketing package, send me a PM. I'll donate 50% of the money I get to the club. Depending on the requirements of the website, that could be anywhere from $3,000 to $6,000.

You gain a high quality website cheap (most web agencies charge you about $25-30k). The Bulldogs gain a coupla grand. I gain a warm fuzzy feeling knowing my kids will have a club to love.

*Sorry if this is a bit spammy, guys. Certainly not meant that way *

Have a think about it, guys, is there something you can do extra to your income and donate the proceeds?