45 - Heath Grundy
    46 - Kade Simpson
    47 - Luke Ball
    48 - Chris Newman
    49 - Cyril Rioli
    50 - Shane Mumford

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike's Top 50

Kieren Jack and Richard Douglas rated higher than Griff?

How high was Mike when he wrote this?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Kieren Jack and Richard Douglas rated higher than Griff?

How high was Mike when he wrote this?
    What a joke, Griff is at least in the top 20.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

B&F and best finals prefromer (in the absense of Cooney) for a top 4 side is behind Ritchie Douglas & Kieran Jack?
    The rumours of coke binges being the norm in print media must be true.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Capt Gronna's Top 20

1 Swan
    2 Ablett
    3 Hayes
    4 Goddard
    5 Selwood
    6 Riewoldt, N
    7 Judd
    8 Pendlebury
    9 Hodge
    10 Sandilands
    11 Franklin
    12 Lake
    13 Didak
    14 Riewoldt, J
    15 Chapman
    16 Enright
    17 Cooney
    18 Mundy
    19 Montagna
    20 Bartel

Post Thanks / Like

^^^

Swap N.Riewoldt (who missed over 1/2 the season) for Watson who will slot in at the lower portion of the 20.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    ^^^

Swap N.Riewoldt (who missed over 1/2 the season) for Watson who will slot in at the lower portion of the 20.
    My bad, forgot Jobe.
    Was assuming Mike's love for Saint Nick would carry him into Top Ten despite injury.
    Drop in Jobe at 20, push everyone else up.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike's love-affair with Selwood continues if he's a top 20 player. How he can REMOTELY be rated higher than Pavlich, J.Brown, etc. is ridiculous. The guy is a good midfielder, and a tough bugger, but he's in the same bracket as someone like Dal Santo or a fit Daniel Kerr ie. a top-class 2nd/3rd midfielder playing alongside a modern day great.. not to mention the fact that Joel is a great front-runner in a gun team.

Mark my words, we'll see the real Selwood next season now that Geelong's opponents don't have three guys trying to stop Gablett (not to mention Bartel, Chapman and Enright) with a team in decline, just as we saw the real Daniel Kerr once Juddy left WC, or, from a different sport, the real Scottie Pippen once MJ left the Bulls. Still good players, but geez, nowhere near as dominant as they looked in previous seasons.

And Pavlich not being in the top 10, much less the top 20, based on the year just past is nonsensical. Brady Rawlings ahead of Pav? Mike, you've got to get off that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

In fairness to Sheahan, Jack did win the B&F for the Swans. I am surprised he rated him more highly than Griffen given Griff's continued outstanding form in big games (has a great finals record) but can live with it.

I am more surprised that Barry Hall came in so low. He kicked 70-odd goals this year which would make him one of the more valuable players in the competition...I would have expected to see him well up towards the top 20-25 on the list if it is indeed based on performances this season/looking ahead to next.

Adam Cooney and Brian Lake are our stand-out players. I would expect Lake to lob in the top 10 as the games best defender and Cooney to slot in somewhere between 10-20...you might think this is low but he has struggled with injury for a couple of years now and I think he is behind Swan, Ablett and Judd as the most explosive mids in the game.

Another consideration for the top 50 must have been Ben Hudson - I am disappointed to see he has missed out.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    In fairness to Sheahan, Jack did win the B&F for the Swans. I am surprised he rated him more highly than Griffen given Griff's continued outstanding form in big games (has a great finals record) but can live with it.

I am more surprised that Barry Hall came in so low. He kicked 70-odd goals this year which would make him one of the more valuable players in the competition...I would have expected to see him well up towards the top 20-25 on the list if it is indeed based on performances this season/looking ahead to next.

Adam Cooney and Brian Lake are our stand-out players. I would expect Lake to lob in the top 10 as the games best defender and Cooney to slot in somewhere between 10-20...you might think this is low but he has struggled with injury for a couple of years now and I think he is behind Swan, Ablett and Judd as the most explosive mids in the game.

Another consideration for the top 50 must have been Ben Hudson - I am disappointed to see he has missed out.
    All great points mjp, although Griff won the Dogs B&F, and the Dogs finished higher than the Swans, so.. well, you know.

Barry's contribution is definitely underrated on the list, and the Beard has suffered from noreputationitis for a while now -- he doesn't play in a sexy position and his contributions aren't flashy, so I don't think he'll ever be truly appreciated outside the kennel unless he got himself a hot-ass girlfriend, started riding a Harley, and showed up every second week on the Footy Show riding the Harley into the studio with the hot-ass girlfriend riding pillion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    he got himself a hot-ass girlfriend, started riding a Harley, and showed up every second week on the Footy Show riding the Harley into the studio with the hot-ass girlfriend riding pillion.
    Can someone photoshop this onto a t-shirt?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I can understand Jamar being rated higher, which means there weren't too many spaces left for the big fella. I'd like to say I rate him higher than Mummy but I've grown a beard in the last month so am far too biased.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Deledio's high rating gives me the shits.... esepcially compared to Griffen.

The bloke can't handle a tag in the midfield so they send him down to HB to rack up numbers... How hard is that?

Griffen is so under-rated by flogs like Sheahan it isn't funny.

Post Thanks / Like

The bloke can't handle a tag in the midfield so they send him down to HB to rack up numbers... How hard is that?

And no doubt he'll have Luke Hodge in the top 10, probably top 5.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I totally missed this, but based on this year, Deledio being rated higher than Bazza, Boydy and Griff is just ridiculous.