Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherman a Bulldog

Showed some good signs on the weekend, looking forward to the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Showed some good signs on the weekend, looking forward to the future.
    I thought he looked good too. If he contributes with 25 odd disposals each week, doesn't butcher the ball and can kick a goal or two here and there he will prove very valuable. His addedd pace is a real bonus, he looked a tad quicker than everyone else out there on Sunday.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I thought he looked good too. If he contributes with 25 odd disposals each week, doesn't butcher the ball and can kick a goal or two here and there he will prove very valuable. His addedd pace is a real bonus, he looked a tad quicker than everyone else out there on Sunday.
    He is strong as well, i was surprised when he was able to stand up & not fall over after a bump or tackle.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm definitely a fan of the Shermanator!

Post Thanks / Like

Really looked good in the midfield mix.
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the banker View Post
    Really looked good in the midfield mix.
    Loved his attack on the ball and his run threw attitude.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Sherman started off very well I thought, some good dash and disposal. Generally putting together a game we want from him, unfortunately I thought he faded in the 2nd half, not sure what his stats were but I didn't notice him so much. I like that he really plays with some purpose when the ball is in his hands, not too much indecision with the ball and will have a shot if the opportunity is there.

Post Thanks / Like

Slotting in quite nicely, I sure we'll see some BOG performances in the near future if he keeps up this form. With Cooney and Griffen in the team the opposition teams will never tag the Shermanator. Not sure his he was getting tagged at Brisbane last year for his form to drop, but he is in reasonable touch at the present.
    Keep it up Shermanator.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    I was a bit troubling for me regarding Anker's description that "Justin Sherman has the IQ of a Plant". I wonder what he meant by that. What is the story behind that comment.

So I looked up what the Brisbane supporters were saying about him

Paraphrasing:
    Brisbane supporters claim that he refuses to put his head over the ball, repeatedly handballs to the feet of teammates in a worse position than him and has shakey disposal. His form is patchy and the ultimate front runner. The Bulldogs wont get the best out of him. Eade will scream at him until he cries or he drives himself insane. He is Alker reborn but without footballing ability. We will notice his bad games more than his good ones. He is infuriating, no Brisbane fans are sad to see him go and we are delusional to think that he is suddenly going to come good.

Sherman's best year at Brisbane was as a 19yo in 2006 when he was runner up in their B&F while being given license to play as an unaccountable half-back. As soon as Lethal tried to develop him into a more complete, accountable player, he went backwards at a rate of knots.
    End paraphrasing.

I wonder how much of the above is true and if it is true then how are we to fix it.

Dumb players get coaches sacked, so they say. Sherman looks like a tough guy. Hope he is a tough guy.

Can anybody shed any light on the above?
    Let's wait until we see Sherman against quality opposition like Collingwood and Geelong.
    Then we can get a better read as to whether he is capable of assisting in the shortfalls we experienced last year in particular having another reliable goal kicker. Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns are hardly a guide as to whether Sherman has what it takes under pressure. I am sure that good sides would not let a Sherman depart if he had the goods.
    Liberatore and Wallis may well turn out to be better investments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Let's wait until we see Sherman against quality opposition like Collingwood and Geelong.
    Then we can get a better read as to whether he is capable of assisting in the shortfalls we experienced last year in particular having another reliable goal kicker. Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns are hardly a guide as to whether Sherman has what it takes under pressure. I am sure that good sides would not let a Sherman depart if he had the goods.
    I think he was going anyway, didnt want to be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Let's wait until we see Sherman against quality opposition like Collingwood and Geelong.Then we can get a better read as to whether he is capable of assisting in the shortfalls we experienced last year in particular having another reliable goal kicker. Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns are hardly a guide as to whether Sherman has what it takes under pressure. I am sure that good sides would not let a Sherman depart if he had the goods.
    Why? The only player who has performed against these teams recently is Griffen. The whole team needs to lift here.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.