Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldoze The Debt

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    And those who were members whose details we have so we can call them and ask directly
    Agreed
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

I think the aim is to get 15,000 members contributing $120 per year which would wipe a significant amount off within a couple of years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think the aim is to get 15,000 members contributing $120 per year which would wipe a significant amount off within a couple of years.
    I would be happy to do that.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Me too. And Mrs LongWait (even though she's a Norf supporter.)

Post Thanks / Like

I'll do it if i get a job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    DFA, maybe I'm missing something but I'm not quite sure what your alternative to this is ? Are you just wary but endorse the campaign ? Are you suggesting we should all just give up our Club because you see the likelihood of dissolving greater than the opportunity (or ROI) of continuing the struggle ? Or to leave it up to the likes of Cam and his Team to 'hopefully' just find a way ?

Hopefully we will have new funding streams to service the debt and chip further into any remaining principal. Maybe the AFL will further recognise the struggle and raft of inequities posed on Clubs like ours and look to increase the equalisation distribution as increased funds come into the game through media rights and new licenses. Or worst case maybe another Victorian based Club e.g North might fold before we do reducing our competition and subsequently increasing our competitive position.

All I'm saying is that it is an ever changing landscape and surely it's better to continue the fight for something you love, that is, stay in the game together, than to give up because the problems might appear insurmountable.
    That's exactly where I'm at.

It's a good idea, I like it. I just hope it raises enough for us to totally clear our debt. The club is quite cleverly calling it an "historical debt", which distances the current administration from those previous that led to the debt. But regardless of what it's called, it's still there, and it's still a lot of money.

I'm not suggesting an alternative Doc. I don't have one. I completely agree that it's better to try and be proactive than to sit there and cop it sweet. I just hope it works.

Post Thanks / Like

As the Bulldogs did not make the Grand Final this year or last year they saved supporters at least $300 because we didn't have to buy a ticket to the big finale. Hence each supporter should put in the required amount if possible and that should just about cover the debt!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    As the Bulldogs did not make the Grand Final this year or last year they saved supporters at least $300 because we didn't have to buy a ticket to the big finale. Hence each supporter should put in the required amount if possible and that should just about cover the debt!!!!
    How about we just win the gf next year and use that money to get rid of debt.

Post Thanks / Like

It won't be a matter of one idea, or one initiative ridding us of the debt. It'll be a combination of fans/members freely giving outright, events where those who give (buy a ticket etc) get something in return, hopefully signing more first time members and being better at retaining the members we already have, and anything in between.

Winning the NAB cup didn't do our season any favours, but it gave (I think) $180k for the coffers. It'd be a good way to start the year again, especially if debt reduction is going to be an ongoing theme for 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Count me in.

Post Thanks / Like

I put this on another thread but thought it was worthy here as well. If the club expects the members to put over their hard earned cash other than our memberships, then i think it is important that we get something back in return.

I suggested the following a while back and actually sent the club an email with my suggestion but never heard anything. I called it "A Day with the Dogs" which included the following...

Changeroom access before the game
    Sit in on players address before game
    Sit in coaches box for entire game
    Allowed on ground with coaching staff for warmup and at qtr and 3 qtr time
    Sit in on players address after match
    Photo with Rocket and favourite player
    Signed guernsey by faveourite player

All for $2500

1 person per 22 rounds this would generate $55,000 for the club.

Now i understand that $2500 is alot of money to pay out in general, but those that could afford something like this would get a once in a life time opportunity.

Whether the club would see this as feasible remains to be seen, but sometimes its the suggestions outside the box that can generate interest and supporters willing to hand over hard earned for something "Unique".
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how much it really costs to get one of these modern jumpers made up that eventually sells for over $100, i'm tipping they are cheap as chips to make up, what if the club runs off some special promotion with a signature of choice for $120, maybe framed for $200, signed by all players for $300 in a frame, or something like that, make a big deal over it, at least that way us passionate die hard supporters get something back, we all already tip in alot of money in year in year out, above & beyond what we really need to [not that we are complaining, it's just what we do], alot of us where there in '89 tipping the money in just to save the club etc etc, and all of these proceeds goto bulldozing the dept.

Perhaps the club gets into bed with a few local framers and really pushes & advertises their companies throughout the year in some way.

Imagine puting up a framed jumper with Wallis's & Liberatore's signatures on it in their first year at the club...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 39 Memories View Post
    I reckon alot of supporters would have been feeling the pinch after forking out alot of money to attend the 3 finals even before considering the money for a GF ticket, i know for myself i would have been diving into money that i didn't have [the banks money] and paying it back afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    I wonder how much it really costs to get one of these modern jumpers made up that eventually sells for over $100, i'm tipping they are cheap as chips to make up, what if the club runs off some special promotion with a signature of choice for $120, maybe framed for $200, signed by all players for $300 in a frame, or something like that, make a big deal over it, at least that way us passionate die hard supporters get something back, we all already tip in alot of money in year in year out, above & beyond what we really need to [not that we are complaining, it's just what we do], alot of us where there in '89 tipping the money in just to save the club etc etc, and all of these proceeds goto bulldozing the dept.

Perhaps the club gets into bed with a few local framers and really pushes & advertises their companies throughout the year in some way.

Imagine puting up a framed jumper with Wallis's & Liberatore's signatures on it in their first year at the club...
    I like the idea of the signed jumpers MW. I agree that the club has to give something back if they expect the supporters to fork out their hard earned. Forget the raffles etc and really go for something that supporters get something for their money. Id gladly pay $120 for a guernsey signed by Mr. Ward. They could go one better and make it personalised by having the player(s) write on the jumper......

To ?
    Thanks for the support
    Callan Ward

instead of just a signature. Personalised things always mean something more.

Post Thanks / Like

The club really needs to break out of the box in their quest to generate money towards this debt. The signed jumpers idea by MW is a great one, and personally i would like to see my "Day with the dogs" idea come to fruition as well. Its all about GIVING back to the supporters.

How about a bulldogs dinner with the "buyer" and 3 of their fave players
    A dinner with Rocket, and 1-2 of the MC
    A training day with the team
    An interstate trip with the team

The opportunities are endless, but the club needs to open their minds and come up with ideas that can give something to the fans on a personal level. That is the key.