Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interchange doomsday prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Smith View Post
    The best example of this comes with the philosophy of recruiters at draft time. When it is their turn to pick, they invariably go for the best player available.
    Rubbish
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on Fox Sports News last night that Port Power are thinking the same thing as Rocket re. 'the death of the 2nd ruckman'. I suppose that's 'crap' too Patrick Smith?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, let's see: Rocket Eade, proven senior coach, multiple premiership winner as a player, renown tactician and game futurist.

Patrick Smith, hack journo, KB talkfest partner, one-note sensationalist who makes up news to manufacture 'controversy', most of which are of the 'storm in teacup' variety (soccer will 'die' in Australia if we don't get the 2022 World Cup. Really? REALLY?)

I wonder who has more credibility when it comes to talking about football. Actually, I don't wonder.

Post Thanks / Like

There is something in this article, leaving the abrasive Mr Smiths tone aside. Running 2 ruckmen changing in the forward pocket. With the option of one ruckeman being subbed out by a "Teddy Hopkins" type forward pocket later in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the banker View Post
    There is something in this article, leaving the abrasive Mr Smiths tone aside. Running 2 ruckmen changing in the forward pocket. With the option of one ruckeman being subbed out by a "Teddy Hopkins" type forward pocket later in the game.
    Maybe if it was 1970 not 2010. How many ruckmen can stand in the forward pocket and not be a liability defensively in the modern game?

Better off making the sub a ruck and smashing the opposition ruck(1 only) for 4 quarters half each as we did a number of times with Wynd and Darcy.

Post Thanks / Like

You can go big up forward if you have the right mix. Lyons and Bomber liked it. Need the tough, tackling opportunists smalls to compliment. Could see Roughie alongside Barry. Creates match ups.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the banker View Post
    You can go big up forward if you have the right mix. Lyons and Bomber liked it. Need the tough, tackling opportunists smalls to compliment. Could see Roughie alongside Barry. Creates match ups.
    The right mix?
    We don't have a ruck as good Ottens up forward.
    Alongside Riewodlt even Kosi looks good sometimes.
    Our forward line was killed numerous times this season by being slow, a resting ruck there is not going to help it.

Post Thanks / Like

Rather than start a new thread thought I’d bump this one...

Rocket was right they second ruckman did die...

More talk around interchange cap

https://coupler.foxsports.com.au/api...mpression=true
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The second ruckman is massively back. All it took was for teams to realise that they needed traits other than "tall".
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly the only time I'll agree with David King...........We keep fatiguing players and the game still gets bogged down.

Has anyone heard my theory on incentivising scoring? I think I may have mentioned it once or twice.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I have to agree with King as well. Did the game clear up even a little with the rotation cap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with King as well. Did the game clear up even a little with the rotation cap?
    Scoring has also dropped in the last few years since rotations were reduced.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm flabbergasted the AFL would introduce a rule only to see it have no impact on the issue it's trying to address, or make it worse......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.