Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'Right culture' at Dogs

Fairly knee jerk over reaction for mine, there wasnt much of an issue in the initial comments and if anything all we've done is keep the embers burning on a nothing story

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Fev is like a computer virus, once entered into your system, you're doomed!
    This is creating a terrible mental image
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

The media department at the Dogs dosen't rest do they? With all the goings on with the Commonwealth games i suppose the club needs to get in the news to generate noise for the debt recovery venture, even if our new recruit is helping out.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened at their previous club and whoever was in the the right or wrong, one of our relatively recent recruits handled it best IMO.

Never slagged his old red and white club, kept his big bald head low.

Just the man to usher Sherman into the cellar at WO, lock the door behind him, sit down and quietly explain how it really is.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Agree with this. Shows the strength of our culture, really, to want to deal with this quickly and publicly -- Richmond didn't tell Jordy off for slagging us off, probably because Wallet privately agreed with him then, and they aren't really a template to follow in terms of culture.
    I just made this exact comment on another thread. Definitely happy that we got on the front foot. Taking pot shots at other clubs isn't a good look. It's clear that Sherman didn't mean for what he said to come across as it was portrayed, so getting on the front foot has probably helped the club and Sherman too.

It'll be a big learning curve for him over the first 6 months with the increased media spotlight.

Post Thanks / Like

See what happens. He's only 23. Anything could happen. I miss Harbrow already.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus