Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Gws

Post Thanks / Like

Gws

I read today that Greater West Sydney are unveilng their jumper, colours etc on 16th November. I did read a couple of weeks ago the AFL said Bulldog fans don't need to worry about them stealing our colours. Still a bit concerned that their current emblem is red white and blue, hope they don't make their jumper the same, seems strange that they would alter their current colours.

Mr.1975 Guest

Re: Gws

GWS will not have red white and blue as their colours, I have heard Green plays a big part of their colour scheme.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure they are just using the AFL colours ATM which are RW&B. I wouldn't be surprised if their colours are light blue and dark blue plus one other colour.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quarterbrain just announced that they will be known as the Giants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Quarterbrain just announced that they will be known as the Giants.
    I don't mind the Greater West Sydney Giants.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Pretty sure they are just using the AFL colours ATM which are RW&B. I wouldn't be surprised if their colours are light blue and dark blue plus one other colour.
    I would've thought light blue and dark blue would make sense, no one else has that and it's readily identifiable to the rugby types. A guy on BF did a really good design of a prototype jumper, I'll see if I can find it.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I don't mind the Greater West Sydney Giants.
    a mouthful.

Maybe GWS Giants
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, you can't underestimate just how hideous their area of Sydney really is.

No wonder the AFL is giving them two season's crack at other teams' uncontracted players.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Giants? bleh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    FWIW, you can't underestimate just how hideous their area of Sydney really is.
    You mean Blacktown, Doonside, Plumpton, Mt Druitt and Rooty Hill? Surely not.

I agree with the 2 blue colours. It is identifiable among the sports fans of Sydney as representative of NSW teams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    a mouthful.

Maybe GWS Giants
    It is, but it's still only one more syllable than Collingwood Magpies.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear about the colours. I was getting a bit worried. I always thought the 2 blue would be the best way for them to go.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a design a bloke on BF came up with, I thought they we excellent.

Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool, I bet whatever they end up with is nothing like as good as that!

Post Thanks / Like

GWS to reveal name, colours

TEAM GWS has settled on a new name and colours and will unveil both to the world on Tuesday, November 16.

The AFL's newest team has operated under the Team GWS moniker as it prepares for entry into the League in 2012, but has undertaken extensive research into coming up with a more fan-friendly name for the club to be based in greater western Sydney.

The red, white and blue colour scheme of the club's initial logo has also been of some concern to Bulldogs' supporters, whose club has worn the same colours for decades, but the AFL has made assurances the 18th team will sport a fresh, new look.

The new name and colours were arrived at following a six-month public campaign along with a competition involving more than 200 schools across the region, with GWS receiving more than 20,000 suggestions through a website set up to canvass public opinion.

"One of the challenges we have faced is building support for a club that has no name," chief executive Dale Holmes said on Thursday.

"It's exciting that we are finally going to have a brand that people can connect with and feel a part of.

"We are committed to working with the community to develop the identity of their club. A comprehensive process was undertaken to canvass the community's best ideas, which also included stakeholder workshops and extensive market research.

"The end result I must say is something we're all extremely proud of and to be honest we can't wait to share it with our supporters and the community."

The club will continue to engage the community in the development of its brand with ongoing mascot and club song promotions in 2011

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...3/default.aspx
    The curse is dead.