Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Delistings

Post Thanks / Like

Delistings

Just saw on twitter some surprise delistings

Ryan Gamble from Geelong : would we look here?

Skipper & Taylor both gone from Hawthorn - that surprises me a bit, even with Hale coming on board.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delistings

The AFL website keeps an updating list-

https://www.afl.com.au/retirements%2...7/default.aspx

Suprised Hawthorn delisted Skipper, maybe because he was a mature age rookie on a one year contract. Anyone know if that meant they'd have to put him on the main list to retain him?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post

Skipper & Taylor both gone from Hawthorn - that surprises me a bit, even with Hale coming on board.
    I think they have acknowledged that 7 ruckman is too many. They might also be looking to add Campbell back on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Cameron Stokes got delisted as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Neither surprised me once they decided to draft that tall spud from North. Fancy giving up the GC compo pick on a player that will add nothing to what Wayde Skipper was able to provide to the Hawks for the majority of 2010 - maybe they felt guilty for being given such generous compensation for Campbell Brown in the first place.

Pelchan, the self-proclaimed mastermind of recruiting, has certainly drafted plenty of chaff in the top 20 - Thorp, Dowler, Muston. Rioli was a great get but there are more misses than hits.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip no longer on an AFL list, a sad day for the Eker movement, and just as he was starting to hit his straps too. There are definitely worse ruckmen running around out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Neither surprised me once they decided to draft that tall spud from North. Fancy giving up the GC compo pick on a player that will add nothing to what Wayde Skipper was able to provide to the Hawks for the majority of 2010 - maybe they felt guilty for being given such generous compensation for Campbell Brown in the first place.

Pelchan, the self-proclaimed mastermind of recruiting, has certainly drafted plenty of chaff in the top 20 - Thorp, Dowler, Muston. Rioli was a great get but there are more misses than hits.
    If it wasn't for things falling his way in 2004 where they got Roughead and Franklin because Richmond are Richmond, his record would be shitfull.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    If it wasn't for things falling his way in 2004 where they got Roughead and Franklin because Richmond are Richmond, his record would be shitfull.
    And we may have ended up with the better Roughead anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    And we may have ended up with the better Roughead anyway.
    Some Hawthorn supporters were suggesting that this year, a bit premature but we can hope. Perhaps someday we'll end up with both of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post

And with that trade they have become the AFL side with the most amount of wigs ever recorded in 1 team.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Gamble from Geelong, would we look here?
    Sorry Pieman, certainly hope not, this bloke is the king of the Joe the Goose, gets on the end of everyone else's good work further up the ground, would add absolutely nothing to our list.

Post Thanks / Like

What about taking a risk on Beau Muston? He has had some problems but we might be able to use him as a defensive forward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    What about taking a risk on Beau Muston? He has had some problems but we might be able to use him as a defensive forward
    He is an idiot, a first class imbecile & I'd hate for the kids watching Williamstown to have to put up with his foul mouth tirades each week.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    He is an idiot, a first class imbecile & I'd hate for the kids watching Williamstown to have to put up with his foul mouth tirades each week.
    Take it your a fan then?

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper to the rookie list? Surely we can get him over the line for life membership?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.