Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Delistings

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Delistings

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    If we are at 100% of the cap then why don't we just finalize things with Mitch. Hes a life member and it just doesnt add up.
    My take o it is that we are close to 100% but want to keep him. Perhaps we are trying to move payments around on other player's contracts to fit him in.

This would be a bad idea because it will just cause more pain down the track.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we're hoping that a team will take over the contract of someone we want to delist but still have contracted, thereby taking away the need to pay their salary cap next year and thus be able to offer Hahn a contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Perhaps we're hoping that a team will take over the contract of someone we want to delist but still have contracted, thereby taking away the need to pay their salary cap next year and thus be able to offer Hahn a contract.
    That would only happen in trade week. As far as i know if you delist a contracted player you have to pay that contract out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    That would only happen in trade week. As far as i know if you delist a contracted player you have to pay that contract out.
    I thought if they got drafted by someone else you didn't have to pay out the remainder, I could be wrong though.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I thought if they got drafted by someone else you didn't have to pay out the remainder, I could be wrong though.
    On the money Chef.

A few years back Essendon delisted Daniel McAlister with a year to go on his contract and then re-drafted him in the PSD. He was an uber-dud but they were hoping that someone else would pick him up and they could avoid paying all his contract.

We possibly could try the same thing with Brennan Stack.