Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2011 Wooden Spoon

Caught up with a Bombers fan mate who was full of enthusiasm for 2011 with Hird as coach. Wasn't too happy when I reckoned they could finish in the bottom 4 and had a shit list.

Could they get the get the spoon? My money would be on one of the Lions, Eagles or the Suns.

The Lions seem to be in disarray and half lost half their midfield. Admin problems too.

WCE has stuck with the same list, which was crap this year.

Suns could be in real trouble if they get a few injuries to their recruited mature players.

Thoughts?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2011 Wooden Spoon

I'm tipping the Lions to bottom right out.

The lost some good players in Sherman, Rischetelli and Brennan and Power and Black are starting to fade. Unless Fevola gets back on track I think they will struggle
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with GVG, the Aslans to finish with the spoon. Although I've got other preferable targets, I think Vossy's mob will be the ones.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I think we can all agree that Voss=Rhodes as far as damage to a football club.

It's his destiny to take the spoon unless he doesn't get the opportunity (sacked) or Brown carries the team and becomes the greatest CHF in the history of the game

Post Thanks / Like

WCE for me. Easily the biggest bunch of poor kicks that I can remember and I wouldn't be surprised to see Worsfold sacked by mid season. Their list is the poorest in quality in the league and the compromised draft are going to keep them down for a while longer too.

At Least with Brisbane, if Brownvola have a decent season they will win enough games at home to avoid the bottom.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Brisbane or WCE, if Brown and Fevola kick big bags of goals they can avoid the spoon, WCE have virtually nothing going for them, they must wish they'd drafted Hill. If Voss can get enough control Brisbane should get it.

I don't think Essendon will finish last, they'll be well down and desperately lack pace and kicking skills, but I think they're talls are pretty strong.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be tipping Brisbane, Sherman was tagged last year, Brennan was their no 1 clearance player and they lost their B&F Riski who was very good for them last year. They gain nothing in return, save for Rich & Banfield improving with age (perhaps offset by Black & Power slowing).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood will be done for salary cap breaches, will have this years premiership stripped and will not be able to compete for points next season, so will get the wooden spoon.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the Tigers will win the spoon in 2011. They had bugger-all injuries and only beat the interstate teams in 2010. Factor in even a slightly worse run with injuries, and the fact that other teams will have done a lot more homework on the likes of Martin and Riewoldt, and I can see them taking a step backwards next year. They just don't have much depth on any line.

Post Thanks / Like

Gold Coast, followed by Brisbane & West Coast.

I'm tipping the GC to struggle somewhat, whilst they might be a powerhouse in a few years time, too many kids to start off with, their backline looks OK without a big defender, Bock always played second fiddle to Rutten, Harbrow & Krak will run it out.

The midfield also looks decent - Ablett, Risch, Brennan, but put a hard tag on Ablett, and they might struggle.

The forward line, what forward line? Josh Fraser?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Their ruck division, what ruck division? Josh Fraser?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Their ruck division, what ruck division? Josh Fraser?
    Exactly, too may holes on their list, lose a few experienced players to injury and really watch out, at least most other clubs can cover to a certain extent, and at least with Brisbane, alot of their kids are now 2 or 3 year players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Collingwood will be done for salary cap breaches, will have this years premiership stripped and will not be able to compete for points next season, so will get the wooden spoon.
    Collingwood could very well be over the salary cap, the AFL could very well find out they are over the salary cap, but you'll get very long odds about that story ever seeing the light of day.

That would get filed in the special place along with xxxxx xxxxx drug test results.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 26-10-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Players name removed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Ryan Gamble & Nathan Ablett. Doesn't bode well.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it's NOT us down in bottom 8 I couldn't give a FLYING FIG who finishes on bottom!!!