Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Mitch Hahn On Ice?

VETERANS Mitch Hahn and Cameron Bruce remain in limbo as the Western Bulldogs and Melbourne refine their lists ahead of the drafts.
    Hahn is still unsigned after it appeared a formality he would put pen to paper on a new one-year deal once the Bulldogs' finals campaign ended.

Bruce, who did not travel to China with Melbourne, is yet to agree to a one-year offer that has been on the table for several weeks.

With key Demons officials back in Melbourne, talks are expected to progress this week.

But Hahn's future appears more clouded, with the first list lodgement deadline looming on Friday.

Hahn, 29, has played 181 games with the Bulldogs, mostly as a bullocking forward, and is a popular clubman.

Despite managing 19 games this season, and re-emerging in the finals, Hahn found himself under pressure to hold his once-regular spot in the team.

After 224 games he is still very much a regular in the young Melbourne team, playing 21 of 22 games this season.

But if he wants to remain at Melbourne, he will have no choice but to accept a one-year extension.

The Demons carefully plan their new era on the back of a strong youth policy.

A resolution on Bruce could come as early as today, but Hahn's situation appears more complicated.

The Dogs still have some more de-listings to come, however it is unclear how many more players will be moved on and whether Hahn himself is now in the gun to be de-listed.

Veterans Brad Johnson, Jason Akermanis and Nathan Eagleton all departed this season.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225943938597

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Mitch Hahn On Ice?

I thought I had read earlier in the year that he had already signed a one year deal? Personally I would like to see him get signed on a one year deal, wouldn't be on mega bucks and would be a handy big body depth player that could plug holes forward or back (without setting the world on fire I know).

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but thats a terrible headline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    When I saw it I thought he must be hanging out with Benny Cousins over the off-season.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible beer too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Ha! You're right it is pretty bad, I didn't even think about it just put it on (it's the original article headline)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Ha! You're right it is pretty bad, I didn't even think about it just put it on (it's the original article headline)

Would be more interesting if it was Miller, and not Bruce from Melbourne

Maybe Hahn and Miller could get together for a beer if Hahn gets de-listed

Suppose Swan may join them also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dog House View Post
    Would be more interesting if it was Miller, and not Bruce from Melbourne

Maybe Hahn and Miller could get together for a beer if Hahn gets de-listed

Suppose Swan may join them also.
    They should go to 'West Coast'

Post Thanks / Like

If Hahn is on ice, we obviously haven't put a 'premium' on retaining him :groan:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If Hahn is on ice, we obviously haven't put a 'premium' on retaining him :groan:
    Obviously we don't think he's the beez neez anymore, is there a chance Carlton will pick him up? Knowing Mitch though, he may yet pull the white rabbit out of the hat and land himself a contract extension, the lucky little creature.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Obviously we don't think he's the beez neez anymore, is there a chance Carlton will pick him up? Knowing Mitch though, he may yet pull the white rabbit out of the hat and land himself a contract extension, the lucky little creature.
    In the 90's we had Grant and Ballantyne up forward and Toohey and Foster down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    In the 90's we had Grant and Ballantyne up forward and Toohey and Foster down back.
    And Hawk single handedly supporting their shareprices
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I would think there is a Fat Yak's chance of him being picked up by Carlton... He is as slow as a Draught horse.

Post Thanks / Like

Eker status if he gets retained. Can't kick, made an AFL career out of being a bulldozer and makeshift forward.

Similar player to Aaron Hamill who dropped off around the same age IIRC
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    They should go to 'West Coast'
    And they'd be "Cooler" ... Cue uncontrollable laughter...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]