Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs president David Smorgon staying on for a flag

I can assure you the Mohawk was not involved!

Post Thanks / Like

Not to be a wet blanket, and especially considering I find this news to be quite good as in my opinion (and apart from the name/jumper change) I feel Smorgo has been our best ever president. But how many times am I going to have to read that headline, "Smorgon stays for a flag'. The ugly truth is that in the 14 years he's been president he's promised one thing above all and that is a premiership and obviously it has not happened. I'm starting to get a little sick of promises and empty words to be honest I'd rather not hear it every three years.

On a related note does this make Smorgon the longest serving current president without a premiership? If so, is it a good sign (i.e., good club stability) or a bad sign (i.e., accepting mediocrity) that David has never had to face a challenge to his presidency in the form of an election? I lean more toward the former 'club stability' line of thinking but I can also see how someone could come to the latter conclusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting comparison Smorgon and Gordon,I think they both faced different AFL thinking.
    Gordon had a hostile AFL/VFL hierarchy,whereas Smorgon has dealt with a less hostile environment.Both been wonderful for our football club.

Post Thanks / Like

At this time of the year in our football lives, we need to show our support to David Smorgon. David continues to give of himself to our club day in and day out. He has given our Club the stability that we so desperately needed. I think it would be a good idea if as many of the WB supporters turned up at the AGM and showed their support to OUR great Football Club the Western Bulldogs. I am sure the WB directors would also appreciate a vote of support as they too work incredibly hard for the WB.
    ________
    Toys anal
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by susie View Post
    At this time of the year in our football lives, we need to show our support to David Smorgon. David continues to give of himself to our club day in and day out. He has given our Club the stability that we so desperately needed. I think it would be a good idea if as many of the WB supporters turned up at the AGM and showed their support to OUR great Football Club the Western Bulldogs. I am sure the WB directors would also appreciate a vote of support as they too work incredibly hard for the WB.
    Susie, do you know if Sue Alberti would be interested in the top job in 3 years if Smorgo gives it away?

Post Thanks / Like

I think you would need to ask her yourself. All the Directors of the WB are very capable leaders. What is important for all of us is complete unity as we strive for the "ultimate prize"!! Get to know the Board of Directors, ask questions, seek answers, the Board are there to serve the Club and its members. After all, they too love the club just as much as the members of WOOF.
    ________
    Jaguar R3 History
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 19-03-2011 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Susie, do you know if Sue Alberti would be interested in the top job in 3 years if Smorgo gives it away?
    Susan certainly has enough experience being on the board for a while now.
    Biggest question that cant be answered now is in 3 years time where the club will be and who might be the people putting their hand up?
    Richard Branson anyone??