Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training

Cordy seems to be slowly getting there body wise. Heres hoping for no injuries in 2011.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Aaaaahhhh, so that's what I am!!
    What's your field kicking like?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yup - the guy is a classic mesomorph (puts on weight easily) so to see him come back slim and running freely is a very good sign.
    bughunt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    What's your field kicking like?
    Pretty woeful. I can only kick torpedoes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Pretty woeful. I can only kick torpedoes.

So you can only kick the most complicated and hardest to master kick our game has?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Ventured down to Whitten Oval this morning. Talking to Monty and he said ONLY 10 players were back in OFFICIAL training, 14 more coming back Thursday and by Monday the whole list will be back However, Gia was training, Shaun Higgins, Lindsey Gilbee, Huddo came down, but didn't see them out on ground, maybe just did weights etc. Bobby Murphy was there with friends having coffee, and Dale Morris came down to get some KooGa gear. Can't wait til pre-season gets into full steam ahead

Post Thanks / Like

Work has taken me down to the Whitten oval the past two days and I've managed to glance out at a few sessions of training.

Didn't recognise everyone but impressed with Djerrkura who was leading the running today, and with him and Wallis who were getting around and encouraging the rest of the group as they recovered from each run.

Also interested to see them doing skills sessions so early.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Work has taken me down to the Whitten oval the past two days and I've managed to glance out at a few sessions of training.

Didn't recognise everyone but impressed with Djerrkura who was leading the running today, and with him and Wallis who were getting around and encouraging the rest of the group as they recovered from each run.

Also interested to see them doing skills sessions so early.
    I like this, hopefully they are doing it under pressure(as close to match day as can be possible on the training track) as our ball skills let us down this year.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Tithe? A tithe is a tax that used to get paid to the church back in medievel times. I know that we are fairly religous in our backing of the club but I didnt know we had to pay a tithe to it.
    So you shouldn't challenge DaDruid, he used the term with surgical precision. Don't forget that Druids had an apprenticeship of 30 years!!! at a time when most people didn't live much more than 30yrs. Druids are heavily religious and I bear their genes and am devoted to the Footscray Football Club aka, trading as......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I like this, hopefully they are doing it under pressure(as close to match day as can be possible on the training track) as our ball skills let us down this year.
    I'd be disappointed if skills training wasn't of the whole training package from the beginning of pre-season.

There really isn't any point in just running and weights training these days, because without the skills training particularly under fatigue nobody would benefit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    So you shouldn't challenge DaDruid, he used the term with surgical precision. Don't forget that Druids had an apprenticeship of 30 years!!! at a time when most people didn't live much more than 30yrs. Druids are heavily religious and I bear their genes and am devoted to the Footscray Football Club aka, trading as......
    Thank you, BIDS54. The Gods will not forget your defence of Druidry (and my use of English). As soon as I finish the study module on Advanced Alchemy for Druids (How to Make Gold From Lead). I'll send you a little something. Now where did I put that mortar and pestle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Everything you read about this kid just screams "born leader". Good signs to get some more vocal players on the list.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaDruid View Post
    Thank you, BIDS54. The Gods will not forget your defence of Druidry (and my use of English). As soon as I finish the study module on Advanced Alchemy for Druids (How to Make Gold From Lead). I'll send you a little something. Now where did I put that mortar and pestle?
    Yeh well no hurry, but I wouldn't mind some gold leaf on my wood fired pizza oven to amaze my guests. I can lend you the pestle and mortar. Careful of the lead, nasty stuff. I suggest adding feldspar and the menstrual juice from a bulldog bitch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quit waxing you two. It's like seeing Johnno and Bubba all over again.

Post Thanks / Like

8.30am session tomorrow.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!