Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Kangaroos and Tassie

Just want to know everyone's thoughts on the whole North Melbourne Hobart saga.
    Just have a scent that the AFL are behind the scenes pushing them into Hobart and getting Hawthorn out,just amazes me how Brayshaw only 3 years ago stood on a platform of playing all Home games in Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kangaroos and Tassie

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just want to know everyone's thoughts on the whole North Melbourne Hobart saga.
    Just have a scent that the AFL are behind the scenes pushing them into Hobart and getting Hawthorn out,just amazes me how Brayshaw only 3 years ago stood on a platform of playing all Home games in Melbourne.
    The members haven't responded though and they again need to look at other options.
    My understanding is that the surveyed the lost members from recent years who primarily said that because the club didn't play enough games they weren't joining. Once they changed that approach the former members still didn't join up and that's why its back on the agenda. Their attendance at a lot of games this year was very poor.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Should have taken the 100 million and ran to the Gold Coast. There is no growth supporter base in the Industrial North Melbourne area.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL got rid a South Melbourne now they should move the North, If they became the Tassie kangaroos it would be good for Tasmania to have a home team and financially good for North and one team less in Melbourne chasing corporate and publics dollars.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

I want to know the real reason the Tassie government turned down North.

Clearly the intention of the AFL was to move North to Tassie permanently sooner rather than later and this was stage 1.

Tassie are sreaming out for their own side and the AFL were handing them the Kangas on a platter and they said "no thanks".

WTF?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Should have taken the 100 million and ran to the Gold Coast. There is no growth supporter base in the Industrial North Melbourne area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    The AFL got rid a South Melbourne now they should move the North, If they became the Tassie kangaroos it would be good for Tasmania to have a home team and financially good for North and one team less in Melbourne chasing corporate and publics dollars.
    Would have thought Footscray supporters would be more sympathetic to a club like North's decision to stay and fight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Would have thought Footscray supporters would be more sympathetic to a club like North's decision to stay and fight.
    Yep...Good call that, but for what it's worth I reckon most dogs supporters are thinking better them than us! Whilst I do feel for North supporters I reckon Brayshaw has gone soft on his own platform and needs to be held accountable for that!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Believe it or not, in real life issues I am very sympathetic. Where my team is involved, I do not want sympathy nor will I be sympathetic towards other teams.
    I want a premiership and dont care about anyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

Clearly the intention of the AFL was to move North to Tassie permanently sooner rather than later and this was stage 1.

Tassie are sreaming out for their own side and the AFL were handing them the Kangas on a platter and they said "no thanks".

WTF?
    Wise words as always SS. AD has backed up your argument by saying that the deal has closed the chance of a Tas team in the near future.

Honestly, what are they thinking? Hawthorn will never relocate there.

Post Thanks / Like

The ball is in the Tassy's court if they desperately want their own side, I'd be playing off North and Hawthorn against each other.

They can quite easily not renew the contract between Aurora and Hawthorn. The could also try to attract franchises from other codes, watch the AFL move quick smart if they did that.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a mate that lived in Tassie for 6 years. He said the politics of footy in Tassie have to be seen to be believed. Will be a minor miracle if they ever get their own team, in his opinion.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I had a mate that lived in Tassie for 6 years. He said the politics of footy in Tassie have to be seen to be believed. Will be a minor miracle if they ever get their own team, in his opinion.
    It will be hard to get both the north and south supporting the same side according to a mate of mine who lives there.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Believe it or not, in real life issues I am very sympathetic. Where my team is involved, I do not want sympathy nor will I be sympathetic towards other teams.
    I want a premiership and dont care about anyone else.
    In terms of TV revenue, money from tickets and in other ways, clubs compete and thus make a spectacle of it. Can't afford to have teams fall by the wayside with awful attendances like the roos have had in 2010.
    Hope they can get their act together and make a fist of it, for the benefit of the AFL, of which we are a part.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

WTF?
    Hardball I reckon. Just an uneducated guess, but if I were them I wouldn't be looking to save a club from relocating to Tassie by bankrolling them to play a few games there and stay in Melbourne.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Hardball I reckon. Just an uneducated guess, but if I were them I wouldn't be looking to save a club from relocating to Tassie by bankrolling them to play a few games there and stay in Melbourne.
    I'd have them play 7 games a year there until they are reliant on the cash to survive and in a few years time insist they play 8 games a year, then 9 then relocate altogether.