Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kangaroos and Tassie

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I'd have them play 7 games a year there until they are reliant on the cash to survive and in a few years time insist they play 8 games a year, then 9 then relocate altogether.
    If North are really OK with playing 7 games there I would suggest they haven't got any other options left, and so are pretty reliant on the cash right now.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't you heard, Aker is on his way to single-handedly save Tassie football! Problem solved!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Haven't you heard, Aker is on his way to single-handedly save Tassie football! Problem solved!
    Two years later he is booted out of the state claiming all the tasmanians were wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL is on a hiding to nothing with Tassie.

All their money comes from TV rights...and AFL ratings in Tassie are sky high as it is. Creating a new team there is completely pointless as they simply wont increase ratings which means no new money...unlike adding a team in Western Sydney for example. So, if the AFL want to establish in Tassie, they have to relocate an existing side.

North are a complete mess. They should have gone to the Gold Coast when they had the chance - I understood the stand and fight mentality but the same year they made the decision they only got 28K to a FINAL (admittedly vs Port) at the dome. Surely that was a message from their fans - we don't love you and we don't care.

Hawthorn on the other hand are OK in terms of support, attendance and members.

I understand what the AFL are trying to do. Relocate the side struggling for support to a market that wants a team but cannot justify the establishment of an additional franchise.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

As i live in tassie i totally can see the hatred (if that's what you call it), between the North and South of the state.

Personally i would never stop supporting the dogs to follow a tassie team and i'm not the only one amongst my family and friends. Doubt i would even have an interest in how the tassie side would go.

I also agree with the previous poster about the "politics" of Tassie football. It can certainly feel like a schoolyard brawl at times and becomes quite comical at times.

There is almost a "hand shake" agreement that the North gets football and the south gets cricket, but once the south gets greedy and wants it all, thats when the crap hits the fan...and yes i live in the north
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    As i live in tassie i totally can see the hatred (if that's what you call it), between the North and South of the state.

Personally i would never stop supporting the dogs to follow a tassie team and i'm not the only one amongst my family and friends. Doubt i would even have an interest in how the tassie side would go.

I also agree with the previous poster about the "politics" of Tassie football. It can certainly feel like a schoolyard brawl at times and becomes quite comical at times.

There is almost a "hand shake" agreement that the North gets football and the south gets cricket, but once the south gets greedy and wants it all, thats when the crap hits the fan...and yes i live in the north
    It sounds like America, blue against the grey.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...