Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jarrod Harbrow in no fear of 'Scray spray

I completely understand Harbrow having heaps of reasons to go home, one of which would involve money, and fair enough really. Do I dislike him as a result? No, now he just falls into that massive category of non-Bulldog players. Unlike blokes like McMahon and Brown I don't think his decision was "I want to leave the Bulldogs". Instead it was "I want to join the Gold Coast".

Am I dissapointed? Yes. It's hard not to be when a player as uniquely talented and enjoyable to watch as Harbrow leaves. But really, as long as he plays shockers against us, doesn't become a substantially better player at GC and it turns out that if he had have stayed at the doggies he would have been involved in a considerably larger number of Premierships I'll be alright.

Post Thanks / Like

No different to Brown IMO, I think he's full of crap with some of the things he says in that article.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    No hard feelings, too much for him to gain by going to where his GF & her family live.
    Bitterness is a bit immature IMO.
    Feel a bit the same I guess - but I also agree now he is on the opposition, he is open to any hard tackle, and fair bump in the spirit of the game. I was sad to see him leave, but I can't argue with the call of homesickness - he took an opportunity that was too good to pass up.

Post Thanks / Like

Good for him that he will be able to go around the corner to Cairns from the Gold Coast to visit his family. Probably go for dinner a couple of times a week

Mum's lamb roast was the clincher

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    Good for him that he will be able to go around the corner to Cairns from the Gold Coast to visit his family. Probably go for dinner a couple of times a week

I did hear a rumour that Jarrod's family were going to move from Cairns down to the GC... Not sure if it has or will happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    No different to Brown IMO, I think he's full of crap with some of the things he says in that article.
    On the aspect of playing I think he treated the club much better than Judas.
    At least he gave everything in his last season with us.
    Wether it be the money or family he is now the opposition and I expect him to be crunched every time he goes near the ball.
    And one really good one in the first game against us, just to show him he is a Dog no longer.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    On the aspect of playing I think he treated the club much better than Judas.
    At least he gave everything in his last season with us.
    Wether it be the money or family he is now the opposition and I expect him to be crunched every time he goes near the ball.
    And one really good one in the first game against us, just to show him he is a Dog no longer.
    Meh, why give him the satisfaction? The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. If he is treated like any other player I wouldn't really care -- we should be tackling every opposition player properly, not just those we have a problem with. Jarrod is gone, and there are some unsavoury bits around his departure, but (like you said, KT31) he has definitely carried himself with a lot more dignity than Wallet and Judas when they left. I don't think he is a genuine game-breaker or leader or anything, just a unique type with a bit of X-factor, more irreplaceable for his uniqueness than because he was the difference between us losing or winning a premiership.

I'd be more concerned about using the small window to smash GC17 (and GWS, for that matter) every time we play them the next couple of seasons by as many goals as possible to create a bogey team aura over the next ten years -- let's get into the heads of the kids up there. No one forgets regular consecutive 20 goal defeats.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is his next contract with us would have been a darn sight close to what he's getting at GC i would have thought. Doubt he'd be on a massive salary considering he only had 1.5 really good seasons with us.

Jordan Lewis won't know who to aim for first when they play GC.

Another Nathan Brown (could have, but never did).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    Footy's different these days to what it used to be, plus the fact that he's young, going home to his family, plus the money thrown at him, blame the system, not that player in that aspect.
    Yep - changing clubs was a much bigger deal 20+ years ago, when players were far more likely to be drafted from the local area and there really was a mercenary aspect to moving to another club. These days it's a career - and in addition to the reasons listed do far for going, didn't the climate also play a part?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post

Couldn't agree more! What a shower of shit that article was,he left for the folding stuff we all know it..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn't agree more! What a shower of shit that article was,he left for the folding stuff we all know it..
    I don't agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Good luck to him, I am sure 99% of you would leave your job for the opposition if they were offering you a 50% plus increase in your salary, This and the fact that he is moving to his home state, How could he refuse?

I wish he stayed but don't put him in the same class as Judas cause he left for no real reason apart from he no longer wanted to play at the dogs

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a wave of rage sweep over me anymore when I read about Harbs and the GC.

But I really do hope they suck for at least the next 10 years. More hopefully forever, but I don't think that's realistic. Not wishing him luck, he made his decision.

Wowwww, how much s*** is going to go down when the big names play their former clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Disapointed he's gone but I struggle to believe money didn't play a part in his decision, if it didn't why didn't he request a trade to Brisbane?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Disapointed he's gone but I struggle to believe money didn't play a part in his decision, if it didn't why didn't he request a trade to Brisbane?
    Yeah I don't buy the 'wanted to go to a new club' line.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff