Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jarrod Harbrow in no fear of 'Scray spray

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He would have been my favourite player, had he stayed.

He sold out, IMO, and it's becoming clear that he lied all year to avoid facing his teammates. He signed during the 'window'.

The fact that he was off to the GC, getting photos taken in their colours on the Monday and Tuesday directly after our prelim loss just doesn't sit right with me.

Not that he'll care with his big contract to help him sleep at night, but I'll be giving it to him whenever we play GC.
    Totally agree. He may not have done an Aker, but in many ways his betrayal is worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He would have been my favourite player, had he stayed.

He sold out, IMO, and it's becoming clear that he lied all year to avoid facing his teammates. He signed during the 'window'.

The fact that he was off to the GC, getting photos taken in their colours on the Monday and Tuesday directly after our prelim loss just doesn't sit right with me.

Not that he'll care with his big contract to help him sleep at night, but I'll be giving it to him whenever we play GC.
    I recall him saying that he wanted to tell Rocket and the players but was not allowed by GC. In a ealier interview on radio by him or his manager he says he signed last year but was forbidden to reveal it as stated in his contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Disapointed he's gone but I struggle to believe money didn't play a part in his decision, if it didn't why didn't he request a trade to Brisbane?
    Well to be fair, why would you go to a club with a poor grouping of young players, salary cap issues despite not being any good, Brendan Fevola, half a squads worth of defenders and Michael Voss in charge, especially when the alternative is a club that has money to burn, the best player in the game, the best group of young players in all the land and is expected to win at least 2 premierships within the next 10 years?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don't agree.
    So he left to be near his family in Cairns!
    Give me a break he left for money.

Post Thanks / Like

*shrugs * . I don't want him to win against us, but don't really get the whole CRUNCH HIM attitude. Who cares? as long as he doesn't kick any goals against us.
    Like, what does anyone expect?

PEople from the tropics must miss it up there, especially with family.
    Like this sort of thing is never going to happen. Duh. Can't expect players not to move around from time to time because of family or better offers. Life is like this.
    Agree with Way out west.
    Shit happens. Good luck to him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Good luck to him, I am sure 99% of you would leave your job for the opposition if they were offering you a 50% plus increase in your salary, This and the fact that he is moving to his home state, How could he refuse?

I wish he stayed but don't put him in the same class as Judas cause he left for no real reason apart from he no longer wanted to play at the dogs
    well said
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by way out west View Post
    Good luck to him, I am sure 99% of you would leave your job for the opposition if they were offering you a 50% plus increase in your salary, This and the fact that he is moving to his home state, How could he refuse?

I wish he stayed but don't put him in the same class as Judas cause he left for no real reason apart from he no longer wanted to play at the dogs
    Why didn't he go to Brisbane??
    Can't fathom why people compare playing professional sport to The every day Joe it's nonsical.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Can't fathom why people compare playing professional sport to The every day Joe it's nonsical.

why?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    why?
    I just don't see football as a business,if it was most of us would have pulled our shares out of an unsuccessful business years ago. I guess I look at it from a supporters point of view and we don't have an emotional attachment to the average "Joe" and his job. Am I dirty on a potential star leaving us and potentially costing a flag.
    Definetely!!

Post Thanks / Like

So he left to be near his family in Cairns!
    Give me a break he left for money.
    His GF lives in Bris so being on the GC will help in that situation.

Add in that he had settled properly in Melb means it was a no-brainer, but you can keep believing it was all about the $.

Post Thanks / Like

Why does it have to be either/or? Surely the combination of factors ($, family, going home, girlfriend) all played a part.

Sorry to see him go but good luck to him. And maybe these days we can't expect players to have the same passionate attachment to the club that lifelong members do. They don't get to choose who they play for (at least initially) so their loyalty as professional sportsmen has to remain somewhat conditional.

(Go ahead, shoot me down!)

Post Thanks / Like

Because this is the way they make a living.

Post Thanks / Like

Also being a Melbourne Storm supporter, I think I have become so used to players leaving (some even mid season!!) that I'm not really that fussed about Harbrow. Good luck to him, just not against us!!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to compare, thats what they do for a living, and what exacty is THE everyday Joe anyway? a lawyer? a baker? a ditch digger? a doctor? a gym instructor? a professional sportsman?

I have no doubt money played a big role in his decision, but i also believe the family reasons, going back to Queensland were also high on the list.

Why would he goto the Gold Coast and not Brisbane? If i was working interstate and got an amazing job offer back home for the same position but a different organisation with virtually a doubled wage, i'd probably take it, if i was offered a one with alot less salary than im was already getting interstate [with all the troubles Brissy are in with their cap], no way known, thats a no brainer for me, and for a chance to be back with my family [not even worth thinking about].

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Totally agree. He may not have done an Aker, but in many ways his betrayal is worse.