Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mitch Hahn back in the kennel at the Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Meaning?
    I took your post to be implying that Danny Hughes training with us showed that we were looking at a third tall, yet to my knowledge Hughes isn't tall enough to be a third tall.

Basically I read it as you saying Hughes would be that third tall (which I don't consider feasible), when if I understand correctly you are saying that having Hughes at the club suggests that we are still on the lookout for a worthy tall. Is that right or am I just an idiot?

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's not the Danny Hughes that was on Melbourne's rookie list last year but the Melbourne full back from the 90's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Silly move IMO. Hahn is done and dusted.
    Waste of a rookie.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Playing coach role for Mitch Hahn
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225958787103
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I took your post to be implying that Danny Hughes training with us showed that we were looking at a third tall, yet to my knowledge Hughes isn't tall enough to be a third tall.

Basically I read it as you saying Hughes would be that third tall (which I don't consider feasible), when if I understand correctly you are saying that having Hughes at the club suggests that we are still on the lookout for a worthy tall. Is that right or am I just an idiot?
    I consider a 3rd tall as a player that is not tall enough to play as a kpp but a player who is a good mark for their size and plays tall and small, similar to Brad Johnson at 182cm tall.
    Therefore Hughes is in a similar category although Brad was quicker and could cover more ground in his day.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good move. On one hand we have a backup player we know will give his all, not some bloke from the regionals who would be an unknown quantity. Don't forget Hahn played 19 games and 3 finals this year, so slotting him in as a backup is a great option because the other boys on the team know his moves, know how he likes to play. Critical for a forward OR a backman.

I'm also happy in that we've done the right thing by Mitch, and this counts. If you want loyalty and professionalism from your employees you have to reciprocate.

He's well-liked, professional, realistic about his situation — ie he knows he's dropping form, he's not Aker — and he'll be on rookie wages no doubt. So I fail to see how this is a negative at all. We've got so much experience going out the door and so many young'uns coming in the “he's taking someone else's spot” argument loses a lot of cred.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, doing the right thing does not win premierships.

Hahn is slow, will be slower next year. Will have one less bench player to rotate off the ground. This is a bad move.

Post Thanks / Like

I for one, am glad to hear that loyalty, courage and sevice are still qualities that have some value at the 'Dogs.

Welcome back home Mitch, I hope your return is both fruitful for the team and yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I like Mitch, I think this is a bit of a waste. If he's only being rookied as insurance "in case" someone e.g. Hall goes down, and otherwise he'll be at Willy, that's a bit pointless IMO. Give the spot to a kid.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette54 View Post
    I for one, am glad to hear that loyalty, courage and sevice are still qualities that have some value at the 'Dogs.

Welcome back home Mitch, I hope your return is both fruitful for the team and yourself.

Here Here