Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Baker, Hayes nightclub fracas caught on camera

OMG - I am so glad I don't follow the Aints (eww! how could I even think that?). The culture at that club needs a very drastic overhaul.......it just seems to go on and on, doesn't it?

Post Thanks / Like

When was the Milne & Montagna incident?

Nearly 10 years ago if my memory serves me right. Nothing has improved since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    OMG - I am so glad I don't follow the Aints (eww! how could I even think that?). The culture at that club needs a very drastic overhaul.......it just seems to go on and on, doesn't it?
    You know it's getting bad when their most loyal supporter, Ivy from Port Melbourne, is turning on them.

She rang SEN this morning and said they should have got 6 months, and if she had a gun, she'd go down and shoot them.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    You know it's getting bad when their most loyal supporter, Ivy from Port Melbourne, is turning on them.

She rang SEN this morning and said they should have got 6 months, and if she had a gun, she'd go down and shoot them.

I heard that. She didnt sound happy.

In a way it's people lke Ivy who are the bellweather indicators in a situation like this. She's always on the phone abusing some presenter for some percived slight on her club. If she is ringing in and saying stuff like that then maybe the club should stop being so delusonal about it's problems.

It's getting to be a player welfare problem for the Saints. They really need to get their house in order.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Michael Nettlefold has been quoted as saying

Nettlefold would not provide details of who the sleeping tablets were prescribed for, citing privacy and patient-doctor confidentiality issues, but confirmed the club deplored the mixing of such medications with alcohol.

So, the CEO sights patient-doctor confidentiality, yet the coach is happy to through this out there:

With young players not working and not studying, it is leading to depression.

The club is happy to talk about a players medical condition, when it suits their case.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is just more evidence that St Kilda may think they have been doing the right thing, but clearly they haven't.

St Kilda has rejected a fully-funded induction program - specifically targeting drug and alcohol abuse - for the past three years, the AFL Players' Association (AFLPA) says.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/st-kilda-s...201-1abzl.html

Post Thanks / Like

Had to laugh at nettlefold he says if they had a 'Culture' problem how have they been so 'successful' [pardon me ?] Somebody should have cued up the West Coast theme song

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Nettlefold, the fact that half the playing group are a bunch of f-ups off the field wasn't the reason they lost two narrow GF's in the last two years. A fickle bounce of the ball stopped them in 2010 and an arsey toe-poke in 2009 - they have been extremely close to a premiership or two. Nobody thinks about the nude photo or the rape allegations or the nightclub fracas when the ball is in dispute.

Also worth noting that West Coast won a premiership (and nearly won two) led by a bunch of first-class drug fiends. The reigning 2010 premier isn't exactly full of bible studies students either. Geelong and Hawthorn players are no shrinking violets either. Based on the last 5 premierships (and St Kilda being close to a couple of flags themselves in that time), you could almost mount a case to argue that you need a playing group with its fair share of violent f-ups and drug/sex fiends in order to actually win a premiership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    To be fair to Nettlefold,
    Nettlefold said that how could they have been successful if they had such a bad culture.

Your post proves just exactly how.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate just informed me that the prescribed drugs and alcohol after mediation have agreed to stay in a hotel for 3 months (paid by the saints)

Post Thanks / Like

Just heard on SEN from a radio personality in NZ, that there was also a fight/scuffle between the 4 players and some locals and one was injured and is being pressured to take police action.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Nettlefold, the fact that half the playing group are a bunch of f-ups off the field wasn't the reason they lost two narrow GF's in the last two years. A fickle bounce of the ball stopped them in 2010 and an arsey toe-poke in 2009 - they have been extremely close to a premiership or two. Nobody thinks about the nude photo or the rape allegations or the nightclub fracas when the ball is in dispute.

Also worth noting that West Coast won a premiership (and nearly won two) led by a bunch of first-class drug fiends. The reigning 2010 premier isn't exactly full of bible studies students either. Geelong and Hawthorn players are no shrinking violets either. Based on the last 5 premierships (and St Kilda being close to a couple of flags themselves in that time), you could almost mount a case to argue that you need a playing group with its fair share of violent f-ups and drug/sex fiends in order to actually win a premiership.
    I would rather be a fine club like ours without much silverware, but full of pride than a club full of drugged up boozehounds who have swingers parties while passing around the premiership cup.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair to Nettlefold, the fact that half the playing group are a bunch of f-ups off the field wasn't the reason they lost two narrow GF's in the last two years..
    You read the quote wrong. He said they were successful so there obviously cannot be a culture problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Saints in trouble - very broad topic

It was pretty hard to keep a straight face watching Nettlefold saying that given the Aints were so successful, there could not be a culture problem? Huh?? Doh! The man is living in a dream world - "tell him he's dreaming". Surely unless the powers to be face up to the fact that there is obviously a problem, an ongoing problem that has been around for some time, they will never fix it!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Saints in trouble - very broad topic

Apparently they were also involved in a fight in NZ. Classy club.