Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Saints in trouble - very broad topic

Ya gotta love their fan website ''Saintsational''
    They wanted mark Robinson tarred and feathered after all the photo/schoolgirl drama.
    Now they're blowing wind up his backside after his fluff piece in the daily tabloid!!

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the game on the weekend however I have heard that a piece on onfield action was potentialy revealing in relation to the as yet unseen StKilda Video.

Apparentely there was a passage of play where Nick was handed the ball on a platter resulting in a goal. The typically post goal hugging and bum slapping (undertaken by all players) did not occur and whilst the players both initially ran towards each other to celebrate, they both diverged at the last moment.

Did anyone watch the game and or notice this piece of play? and if so who was the other player?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    Did anyone watch the game and or notice this piece of play? and if so who was the other player?
    I'd like to know too - would love to see their season derailed by player friction.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I must say that I am still struggling to subscribe to the rumors that Nick is at the centre of the latest StKilda rumor, considering that back in 2006, he offended the gay community during a live-to-air word association game on a local radio station, he responded to the word "homosexual" with "die", but subsequently apologised for the episode.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyStyle View Post
    I must say that I am still struggling to subscribe to the rumors that Nick is at the centre of the latest StKilda rumor, considering that back in 2006, he offended the gay community during a live-to-air word association game on a local radio station, he responded to the word "homosexual" with "die", but subsequently apologised for the episode.
    I'm certainly not saying he is gay or has participated in gay acts however that kind of extreme reaction is typical with people who are trying to cover up for something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I'm certainly not saying he is gay or has participated in gay acts however that kind of extreme reaction is typical with people who are trying to cover up for something.

Agree wholeheartedly. It's pretty well accepted that most gay bashers are repressing their sexuality.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly. It's pretty well accepted that most gay bashers are repressing their sexuality.
    While I don't agree with gay bashing.
    Homophobic is a better word.
    This is a very general comment .
    Does this mean most racist are supressing their multi cultral heritage, liberals are supressing their labour feelings, out spoken athiests are really believers that can't bring themselves to admit it ?
    One thig is certain they are all scared of change and having their way of life and lifestyle challenged.
    Last edited by KT31; 09-03-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    While I don't agree with gay bashing.
    Homophobic is a better word.
    This is a very general comment .
    Does this mean most racist are supressing their multi cultral heritage, liberals are supressing their labour feelings, out spoken athiests are really believers that can't bring themselves to admit it ?
    One thig is certain they are all scared of change and having their way of life and lifestyle challenged.
    I'm an atheist. I'm not scared of change or having my way of life and lifestyle challenged. I just don't believe in fairytales (ducks for cover). I actually find that generalization a bit insulting.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the point Twodogs and Topdog were making is that people who react with such extreme apparent loathing and/or violence (eg gay-bashing) are quite likely projecting a deep unease with an aspect of their own identity that they are unable to face.

Someone who feels comfortable with their own sexuality (or religious beliefs or whatever) usually doesn't feel any need to torment or belittle others. Homophobia, like misogyny, xenophobia, and every other senseless prejudice, is born of fear.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit like saying our hatred of Carlton is truely because we love them,hiding our real love for them.
    Spin doctoring at its best?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    A bit like saying our hatred of Carlton is truely because we love them,hiding our real love for them.
    Haha - Well spun. Yes, time for all you Carlton fans to come out of the closet.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

For me the teams I hate are usually the ones that are succesful. If they drop down the ladder and we are constantly beating them I tend to feel less animosity towards them. Except for North. They annoy the living bejesus out of me for some reason.

fear of gays or foreigners etc is generally just lack of understanding though isn't it? On the other side of the coin why do we tend to love to beat our nearest neighbours so much. eg freo/weagles etc

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Except for North. They annoy the living bejesus out of me for some reason.
    I think we have all grown tired of their hard done by attitude.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Homophibia, by definition, is a fear of homosexuality - not a hatred of it.

Murphy's Lore summed it up well methinks.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not love, but envy perhaps?