Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Baker, Hayes nightclub fracas caught on camera

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Price of fame.
    There is a really nasty lout streak around these days. Sportsmen getting king hit or targeted ( Pendulbury, Jason Gillespie, Mick Lewis, others ) or singled out in the street. It's ok on the field and maybe some louts like to think they are. Imagine being a player and wanting to go out for a quiet drink?
    I hate yobbos.
    I hate yobbos too, but that's a bit simplistic -- can you imagine Johnno or Granty or Brett Kirk getting into trouble with louts? Not for a second, nor would they be caught in a nude photo on a 17 year old's computer. No one should be getting hassled, and no one is condoning the behaviour of your average lout, but some of these guys really do ask for it with the crap they get up to, or the positions they put themselves in. If you know you are a high profile sportsperson in your local city, and Riewoldt does, why even give the louts any ammunition by engaging in such risque behaviour?

Zero sympathy from me for any of the Saints this season -- they deserve all they get as punishment for sheer stupidity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I hate yobbos too, but that's a bit simplistic -- can you imagine Johnno or Granty or Brett Kirk getting into trouble with louts? Not for a second, nor would they be caught in a nude photo on a 17 year old's computer. No one should be getting hassled, and no one is condoning the behaviour of your average lout, but some of these guys really do ask for it with the crap they get up to, or the positions they put themselves in. If you know you are a high profile sportsperson in your local city, and Riewoldt does, why even give the louts any ammunition by engaging in such risque behaviour?

Zero sympathy from me for any of the Saints this season -- they deserve all they get as punishment for sheer stupidity.
    Well said Lantern, I dislike the "ugly" Aussie yobbos too, but totally agree with you, these guys have put themselves in a position to be great big targets! No matter who was right or wrong about the photos, I still maintain they should have known better in the first place to allow someone to photograph them at that time...... stoopid!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Be interesting to see how he handles sledging onfield this season!

Would I let him know about it if I was an opponent? Oh yeah, big time!!

I'd like to be the bloke at Channel 7 who is responsible for the umpire's mics.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    Maybe if he crys, the umpire will give a free kick in front of goal !

Yep, exactly. Rievoldt will be even more of a protected species this season than he has been in the past. There's one set of rules for him and a different set of rules for every other player in the AFL.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    They were carrying the photo at the time

Riewoldt wont get a minute's rest when he's in public.

I assumed they must have had his photo on their phone but if they had copies of the photo that would have been sensational!

Nick, Nick, can you sign this for me mate????? Just write to Zac with all my love
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

You're a bit harsh.

I think if you probably think about how easily photos get around on the internet,
    it would be very very easy for this sort of thing to happen to any person in a sporting environment.

In a sports changing room there are plenty of opportunities to take pictures.
    One single photo, clowning around with mates, is very easy to take out of context when it is spread into the public domain.
    Even without your consent, Dick Smith you can get a pen camera that takes video and stills for 70 bucks.

Innocent until proven guilty. Why paint Reiwoldt with the same brush as his mates?
    The kind of person who would make a big deal of this, even on field, is in my view just perpetuating the whole sordid mindset.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

You're a bit harsh.

I think if you probably think about how easily photos get around on the internet,
    it would be very very easy for this sort of thing to happen to any person in a sporting environment.

In a sports changing room there are plenty of opportunities to take pictures.
    One single photo, clowning around with mates, is very easy to take out of context when it is spread into the public domain.
    Even without your consent, Dick Smith you can get a pen camera that takes video and stills for 70 bucks.

Innocent until proven guilty. Why paint Reiwoldt with the same brush as his mates?
    The kind of person who would make a big deal of this, even on field, is in my view just perpetuating the whole sordid mindset.
    Easy? He posed for the photo. You have to set that up. They get one of your mates to take the photo. Get him to ignore your pleas to delete it. Then get him to put on his computer. Then get him to hitch up with a 17yo with a vicious streak to steal it. Real easy.

Post Thanks / Like

The point is, in the world of electronic, instantaneous gratification, it is not difficult to arrange an incriminating photo of a young person who is living a regular life - ie, being a clown, drinking with mates etc.

Take a teacher. You are with mates, at a party getting plastered.
    One of your mates, a teacher, takes a picture without you knowing.
    The same teacher then thinks its a bit of a joke to show it to a student.
    The student gets a copy ( not as hard as you think) and before you know it,
    its on facebook.

This kind of stuff happens.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

The point is, in the world of electronic, instantaneous gratification, it is not difficult to arrange an incriminating photo of a young person who is living a regular life - ie, being a clown, drinking with mates etc.

its on facebook.

Personal experience?

Post Thanks / Like

its on facebook.

Doesn't sound easy either. There are mistakes on mistake there too.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, it would never happen by accident.
    It would take someone who has a nasty intention.
    Trust me. Got any teenage kids? They will tell you that this stuff happens in school all the time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Be interesting to see how he handles sledging onfield this season!

Would I let him know about it if I was an opponent? Oh yeah, big time!!

I'd like to be the bloke at Channel 7 who is responsible for the umpire's mics.
    I reckon DalSanto has more to be embarrassed about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I reckon DalSanto has more to be embarrassed about.
    Perhaps, but he may be able to deal with it. It doesn't appear the diver can.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Make of this what you will... first they say they're going after the girl for every cent they can get, now they're putting her up in an apartment. Damage control, anyone?

http://www.news.com.au/national/st-k...mpact+news_rss
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Make of this what you will... first they say they're going after the girl for every cent they can get, now they're putting her up in an apartment. Damage control, anyone?

http://www.news.com.au/national/st-k...mpact+news_rss
    Yep certainly admits 2 things, 1.St Kilda is guilty as sin and 2 She has more bullets if she wants to fire them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I reckon DalSanto has less to be embarrassed about.
    Editted for accuracy.