Thanks Thanks:  34
Likes Likes:  178
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 22 - Luke Dahlhaus

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I would really like to see Boyd to in the leadership group. I think for his confidence alone it would be a motivational move. Wallis and McCrae must be in there next year. Like you said, this years was a joke, and I for one am not a fan of the players choosing the leadership group. Surely the coaches can see the players who work hard, take responsibility etc to warrant leadership selection.
    Our players have lost the right to select the leaders so lets just go with the likes of Wood, Trengove, Bontempelli, Wallis, Hunter, Macrae and maybe Dunkley to be developed as a leader. JJ should be there but I'm not sure he is a great fit in that role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I would really like to see Boyd to in the leadership group. I think for his confidence alone it would be a motivational move. Wallis and McCrae must be in there next year. Like you said, this years was a joke, and I for one am not a fan of the players choosing the leadership group. Surely the coaches can see the players who work hard, take responsibility etc to warrant leadership selection.
    We see this the same way. I think it's too important this year to leave the leadership group to another popularity vote. So even if it's this single season, I'd do like you say, have Bevo select it and put up blokes who lead from the front and lead by example. Getting rid of unhelpful influences is only half to job, but it's been done well enough. The next phase is crucial and any mistakes here will be amplified going ahead.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

So would I - should he earn it - but that's sailing a bit close to Griffen being handballed the captaincy for mine.

Ironic really.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I think they were the main 5? Could be wrong though....obviously stringer when he was there.
    Hunter and JJ never that far away either early on.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Maybe Luke could get a sponsorship with Motorola

Is it just me or this this off-season really starting to drag on a bit?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

That inspired a Ricky Gervais-style belly laugh.

I needed that. Thanks RS you *!*!*!*!ing genius.

7. Thanks Rocket Science thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Are you doubting TradeGuru69?
    Did anyone see Tradeguru69 outed himself as a bloke who created a Twitter handle and posted made up rumours from his desk at work to prove anyone can become a supposedly "credible source" in today's media.

He even got some of his "scoops" re-reported by AFL accredited media types, in particular Sam Maclure.

Hats off to the guru!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Did anyone see Tradeguru69 outed himself as a bloke who created a Twitter handle and posted made up rumours from his desk at work to prove anyone can become a supposedly "credible source" in today's media.

He even got some of his "scoops" re-reported by AFL accredited media types, in particular Sam Maclure.

Hats off to the guru!
    All hail the guru.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

We love you tradeguru69 and we want to be like you.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Our players have lost the right to select the leaders so lets just go with the likes of Wood, Trengove, Bontempelli, Wallis, Hunter, Macrae and maybe Dunkley to be developed as a leader. JJ should be there but I'm not sure he is a great fit in that role.
    Whatever happened to official captain, vice captain, deputy vice captain roles? The players unofficially choose their own 'leadership' group anyway.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

10/10 banter