Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Instant charmer: Hall has power to help Giants leap into action

i think hall can play for another two years maybe three .I remember when he first signed with us our medical staff and rocket said he had the body of a 30 year old and playing full forward not on the half forward line would help his body.

Post Thanks / Like

GWS, GWS, GWS. Am sick of hearing about them. The AFL should have made a Tassie Team. Such a waste of money IM humble O

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    They are going to put together a very good side that will take about 5 years to peak IMO. There is no way the AFL will let them just make the numbers, they need them to be competitive.
    Absolutely. And with the NRL's royal stuff-up in regards to the Melbourne Storm controversy, this is the AFL's best shot at getting into NSW and QLD, and at getting more $$$ via TV rights. With two teams in Sydney, the AFL needs BOTH to be competitive. Two competitive teams, with one or both playing at home each week, attracting viewers and subsequently advertising money, means that all 18 teams will be better off financially. Too many reasons and too much moolah for the AFL to let them do it the hard way like the Swannies did.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY THE KID View Post
    i think hall can play for another two years maybe three .I remember when he first signed with us our medical staff and rocket said he had the body of a 30 year old and playing full forward not on the half forward line would help his body.
    Realism or optimism?

The same comments were made from the day Johnno turned 30, about how durable he was. Players don't recover as well post-30 and it might only take one big injury to spell the end of Hally's career.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    GWS, GWS, GWS. Am sick of hearing about them. The AFL should have made a Tassie Team. Such a waste of money IM humble O
    The corporate world is not interested in advertising to Taswegians. Which is a shame, I agree they deserve it more, but it's all about the bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

The corporate world is not interested in advertising to Taswegians. Which is a shame, I agree they deserve it more, but it's all about the bucks.
    Bit more to it that. Tassie footy is as factional as you get. Only half the island will support whichever team they attempt to put there.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Bit more to it that. Tassie footy is as factional as you get. Only half the island will support whichever team they attempt to put there.
    I have always had the belief that the best(only) way for a tassie team to work would be to have it called Tasmania as opposed to Hobart or Launceston and to split the home games, and possibly even the training between the two cities. It's that not long of a drive between them and i think you would get people travelling to the other city to watch games because they truly feel it is their team.
    I am not convinced a relocated side will work for it though.
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    I have always had the belief that the best(only) way for a tassie team to work would be to have it called Tasmania as opposed to Hobart or Launceston and to split the home games, and possibly even the training between the two cities. It's that not long of a drive between them and i think you would get people travelling to the other city to watch games because they truly feel it is their team.
    I am not convinced a relocated side will work for it though.
    Right. Tasmania as the central theme / logo of the club or nothing really. I for one, would be much more excited about a Tassie team than a gold coast team / GWS.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus