Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-Season Snapshot

Jennifer Witham - AFL Website - 31 December

THE DOGS resumed training on November 15 with the majority of the sessions at Whitten Oval. They did break ranks for an adventure camp in New Zealand in December with lengthy hikes, an eight-hour race and canyon swinging and jet-boating splitting some tough training sessions.

* Info on: Medical room, Who's burning, Draftee Watch, Membership, After the break, Telstra Community Camp, NAB Cup opener & What they say.

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-Season Snapshot

Williamstown will be happy at how well Stack and Minson are going.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Forget the training reports, this is gold...

"Draftee watch: Athletic Territorian Zephaniah Skinner has burst into his AFL career with a signature hairstyle and the ability to "leap tall buildings", according to Rodney Eade. His sense of humour was evident on his first day when he walked up to Daniel Giansiracusa and opened with the line, "Hey bro, you're a bit grey in the hair, man."

Funny he didn't say something to Baz....

Membership is about 10% up on last year, sounds good.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I expect Minson to have a good year. It appears he is determined to prove that 2010 was an aberration after his injury and illness concerns.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I expect Minson to have a good year. It appears he is determined to prove that 2010 was an aberration after his injury and illness concerns.
    If it is based purely on natural ability, Roughead will overtake him.

Post Thanks / Like

Have to laugh at the Zeph mans comments to Gia - wonder what Gia said in return???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Griffen View Post
    Have to laugh at the Zeph mans comments to Gia - wonder what Gia said in return???
    I'm tipping Gia wouldn't have been thrilled I reckon the boys will bring that up more than once!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I'm tipping Gia wouldn't have been thrilled I reckon the boys will bring that up more than once!
    Yep, I reckon you're right Andrew - I'm sure it will be a big source of amusement around the club! (That's considering that Gia hopefully has a sense of humour that can take the comment!)

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't be overly surprised if both played over 15 games for the year. Obviously a lot of water to go under the bridge, injuries etc, but I'm slightly more optimistic about their chances in 2011 than you, mjp.

Stack will have some more competition with DJ and Vez, but I still think he offers some qualities we don't have - it just needs to click.

Minson will play a lot of football. When fit he's a fairly handy ruckmen, and although much maligned for it, is good enough for a shot or two a game on goal. Roughead will be breathing down his neck, but still has a long way to go to become a consistently reliable AFL performer. Should take more strides this year though.

Post Thanks / Like

So will the Dogs as we will need as much depth in our list as we can get(plus they could both easily end up being best 22 players in our side come September).
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Minson will play a lot of football. When fit he's a fairly handy ruckmen, and although much maligned for it, is good enough for a shot or two a game on goal. Roughead will be breathing down his neck, but still has a long way to go to become a consistently reliable AFL performer. Should take more strides this year though.
    If Minson plays a lot of football, It would mean Roughy has not improved on last season. We need the likes of Roughy and Grant to continue to improve along with the likes of Higgins and Ward if we have ambitions to go deeper in September. Being injury free and fit and firing at the business end will also assist. Williams could be ready to have more of an impact on games. I cannot see Minson playing deep in September if Roughy and Huddo are fit and firing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    If MInson plays a lot of football, It would mean Roughy has not improved on last season. We need the likes of Roughy and Grant to continue to improve along with the likes of Higgins and Ward if we have ambitions to go deeper in September. Being injury free and fit and firing at the business end will also assist. Williams could be ready to have more of an impact on games. I cannot see Minson playing deep in September if Roughy and Huddo are fit and firing.
    Or he has gotten injured. He's(Minson) not a bad number 3(or 4 if Cordy comes on in leaps and bounds) ruck man to have up our sleeves in case of injuries.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Or he has gotten injured. He's(Minson) not a bad number 3(or 4 if Cordy comes on in leaps and bounds) ruck man to have up our sleeves in case of injuries.
    I agree, hence my last sentence if fit and firing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    If Minson plays a lot of football, It would mean Roughy has not improved on last season. We need the likes of Roughy and Grant to continue to improve along with the likes of Higgins and Ward if we have ambitions to go deeper in September. Being injury free and fit and firing at the business end will also assist. Williams could be ready to have more of an impact on games. I cannot see Minson playing deep in September if Roughy and Huddo are fit and firing.
    It is not impossible for Minson to overtake Hudson. Based purely on age Minson should be better in 2011 than at any previous time, while it is hard to see Hudson improving on 2010 and a decline may not be too far away.

I honestly believe Minson can be as good as Hudson was in 2010, but as a pure ruckman Roughy is a way off.

Roughy could improve, but still be short of what Minson is capable of as a ruckman.

Still a nice problem if all 3 hit top form and Cordy comes on as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    So will the Dogs as we will need as much depth in our list as we can get(plus they could both easily end up being best 22 players in our side come September).
    Stack will be delisted next year