Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-Season Snapshot

Guys, just an update on preseason training. I got the following information:
    Barlow won the time trial followed by Cross, dont know the times.

Coaching staff so impressed by Wallis that they believe he will play 12 games this year.
    Minson has lost alot of weight.

Also was told some further useless info which I thought I would share relating to St Kilda:
    Lyon is a control freak hence why Assistants come and go from that club

St Kilda had a list of 13 players thet were targetting in the draft with 10 going to another club, not too sure what that means.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Coaching staff so impressed by Wallis that they believe he will play 12 games this year.
    Great news, everything that is read about this kid's attitude is positive
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Minson has lost alot of weight.

Also was told some further useless info which I thought I would share relating to St Kilda:
    Lyon is a control freak hence why Assistants come and go from that club

St Kilda had a list of 13 players thet were targetting in the draft with 10 going to another club, not too sure what that means.
    Excuse my ignorance but who is Barlow??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hotdog View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but who is Barlow??
    Rookie we got after he was delisted at Sydney.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news about membership being up 10%. Hopefully that continues throughout and we end up 10% up on last year and it's not just people brining their re-signing forward. (Hard to really tell what this figure means, cause for all we know they've just brought their marketing campaigns forward so it's not actual growth). A better figure would be comparing the number of re-signed members and new members with last year.

Good news though.

Post Thanks / Like

Barlow ran 10.16, beat Cross by 2sec. Barlow also had to stop to tie a shoe lace so probably wasted about 10sec.

Overall the standard was very high with quite a few PB's ran... Higgins broke his by close to 20sec. Grant also ran very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Higgins broke his by close to 20sec. Grant also ran very well.
    If we're to go far in 2011, these two are very important components of our forward line. Good to hear that they're running well.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Barlow ran 10.16, beat Cross by 2sec. Barlow also had to stop to tie a shoe lace so probably wasted about 10sec.

Overall the standard was very high with quite a few PB's ran... Higgins broke his by close to 20sec. Grant also ran very well.
    A brilliant effort by Barlow, will have to come into consideration in the Nab cup if that is anything to go by.
    We need Higgins and Ward to become A graders if we are to further improve and Williams to start to have more of an impact on games. Griffen needs more consistency in the home and away and he will almost be there, his finals record shows how close he is to being elite. Collingwood had Swan, Thomas, OBrien and Pendles to name a few who had breakout years, we need a similar thing to happen to the abovementioned

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mantis - it is great to hear just how the boys are performing, and if I am correct, today was their first day back after Christmas break? Let's hope a few of them have a year to remember!

Post Thanks / Like

A brilliant effort by Barlow, will have to come into consideration in the Nab cup if that is anything to go by.
    If running was the only criteria... Not having a crack at you Desi, just that some people get a wee bit excited by a time trial.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    If running was the only criteria... Not having a crack at you Desi, just that some people get a wee bit excited by a time trial.
    I think his tank was one of the main reasons he was rookied by us in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

I think his tank was one of the main reasons he was rookied by us in the first place.
    Yup agree, funny thought if running was so rated so highly, why hasn't Craig Mottram been drafted?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good but I have heard that Barlow was Sydney's best trainer yet hardly got a game in the last 2 seasons. Fitness freak. Lets just hope he can add something to our team.
    Can't wait for the footy season to start and its only the start of Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Yup agree, funny thought if running was so rated so highly, why hasn't Craig Mottram been drafted?
    Unfortunately they think they can turn athletes into footballers as opposed to the other way around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Sounds good but I have heard that Barlow was Sydney's best trainer yet hardly got a game in the last 2 seasons. Fitness freak. Lets just hope he can add something to our team.
    Very true, but I think we will try him in different roles to the ones he played with Sydney.

With the sub rule coming into force this year there will be a greater emphasis on running power so Barlow ticks that box... Let's hope he can play footy too.