Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Andrejs Everitt to be a giant in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Goodes would beat Everitt over 100m by 30m, and over 20m by 10m. That's Everitt's problem in a nutshell, he's a bit of everything and nothing of anything. Too slow to play small, not physically strong enough to play tall, not a strong enough mark to play forward, and not disciplined enough to play as a defender. If he's to make it at AFL level it will probably be as a free running defender and they're a dime a dozen.
    Is it a problem? His all round capability could be very handy, especially with new sub rule.
    He did score top three in Agility 2006 draft camp. While ago though

http://www.topendsports.com/sport/af...sults-2006.htm

Was good to go back and look at those camp times as Nathan Djerrkura features in top 10 of 4 out of 6 trials. Cheers Cats!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Groenewagon View Post
    I remain terrified he will become Adam Goodes V2.0.
    Athletically he is certainly that gifted.

He clearly will have a role model in Goodes and the second chance mentality will probably improve his work ethic as will some maturity.

Let's hope Vespremi can do similar for us
    More likely the Goodes who played at Nth Ballarat.
    Had ample chances and didn't show any intensity or performed at an acceptable level
    We've swapped under achievers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Groenewagon View Post
    I remain terrified he will become Adam Goodes V2.0.
    Athletically he is certainly that gifted.

He clearly will have a role model in Goodes and the second chance mentality will probably improve his work ethic as will some maturity.

Let's hope Vespremi can do similar for us
    I think he can become a good player but gee that is pushing the boundaries of realism Captain. He doesn't have the pace, strength or mental toughness to be anywhere near Goodes ability.

Post Thanks / Like

I would've loved to have seen him tried more as a third tall, lead up type forward - which is where I think he'll end up playing his best footy. Whilst he never nailed it, he showed a lot of promising signs for mine in the brief periods he played the role. He's tall, he can run, his kicking to advantage into the F50 was good, and he could roost a long goal.

Sydney will most likely trial him as a defender, or perhaps a swing man playing at both ends.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    I would've loved to have seen him tried more as a third tall, lead up type forward - which is where I think he'll end up playing his best footy. Whilst he never nailed it, he showed a lot of promising signs for mine in the brief periods he played the role. He's tall, he can run, his kicking to advantage into the F50 was good, and he could roost a long goal.

Sydney will most likely trial him as a defender, or perhaps a swing man playing at both ends.
    He spend most of 2010 playing forward at Willi and wasn't much chop at that either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    He spend most of 2010 playing forward at Willi and wasn't much chop at that either.
    Probably playing the wrong role, and less suited to that position at the lower level.

For mine, he showed some good signs playing the role at AFL level during the 2010 season. Anyway, futile debate now.

Post Thanks / Like

Everitt's lack of acceleration and quick recovery really hamper him from being a mobile tall. Sure he's a reasonable runner if not that quick, but one change of direction and he's beaten.

How he will go on the scg will be interesting. He won't be able to run and deliver (which is what i'm assuming they want he to do and what he does best), with such little space, but perhaps he may find it easier for him to play as a tall defender.

Personally i can't see him offering too much, he may end up being a better swap than Patrick, but i don't think he will be anything more than serviceable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Personally i can't see him offering too much, he may end up being a better swap than Patrick, but i don't think he will be anything more than serviceable.
    Maybe as an overall player he is, but we really needed a crumbing forward (we had a debutant in an elimination final FFS!) and Veszpremi gives us that.

Sometimes a player who is comparible/lesser still offers more to a side. Morris isn't a brilliant footballer either on ability but has an amazing attitude & a defined role in the side so he is one of the first picked every week.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers