Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Werribee

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Werribee

Doesn't matter who we matchup on the backline or if push backman forward, if our midfield continues to lose 50/50 contests we get beaten again.
    I'm not sure why Johnson wasn't moved onto the ball this week more often, its pointless having him up front if it never gets there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Harris v Gehrig
    Williams v ? Riewoldt
    Hargrave v ?
    Will Williams be able to keep Riewoldt quiet? I hope someone does. One of my pet hates is how Riewoldt plays so well against US. I know I'm going against popular opinion, but I find the hype around Riewoldt overrated. Yes he takes the occasional eye catching mark but what else does he do to warrant a $1m salary/advertising deal and all the media accolades? However, we somehow make him look good.

I think of late St Kilda strut into these games thinking we are easy beats (rightly or wrongly). I really, really want to see our team have a red hot go on Friday - to beat them would be fantastic. Geez I hope Grant plays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsBulldog View Post
    Will Williams be able to keep Riewoldt quiet? I hope someone does. One of my pet hates is how Riewoldt plays so well against US. I know I'm going against popular opinion, but I find the hype around Riewoldt overrated. Yes he takes the occasional eye catching mark but what else does he do to warrant a $1m salary/advertising deal and all the media accolades? However, we somehow make him look good.

I think of late St Kilda strut into these games thinking we are easy beats (rightly or wrongly). I really, really want to see our team have a red hot go on Friday - to beat them would be fantastic. Geez I hope Grant plays.
    Cos he works his bum off and presents over and over again. That's how he takes at least a dozen marks a game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsBulldog View Post
    We really need to lift this week and hopefully Grant and West will be right to resume back in the side, no doubt St Kilda will be confident of a win...and I still remember back a few seasons ago how they didn't rate us and started Lenny Hayes on the bench, we came out took offense to that and beat them. Let's hope St Kilda go into this game with some arrogance and we can somehow knock their halo's of their heads.

Post Thanks / Like

So i guess Streety will get the recall?

West,Grant,Street,McDougall INS
    Skipper, Power, ???, ??? Outs

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper at least had a crack - would they drop him after that?

If McDougall gets the nod and plays down back, then one or two of Hargrave and/or Williams and/or Everitt could go forward.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Skipper would be very unlucky to miss I think.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Grant, West, McDougall, Faulkner
    Out: Hill, Tiller, Power, Wight.

Match-ups:
    Harris - Gehrig
    McDougall - Kossie
    Williams - Riewoldt (I'm shaking as I type it)
    McMahon - Milne
    Ray - Montagna
    Hargrave - S. Fisher
    Boyd - Harvey

Post Thanks / Like

Who would you play Morris on?

I think Williams will be a good match up for Riewoldt, but perhaps not for another year. Good chance for the guy to go and have a crack against one of the hardest working forwards though. I agree with the majority you've got there, look pretty good for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

IIRC a WCE fan claimed that McDougall did well on Reiewoldt in one game, FWIW.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post

I think Williams will be a good match up for Riewoldt, but perhaps not for another year. Good chance for the guy to go and have a crack against one of the hardest working forwards though. I agree with the majority you've got there, look pretty good for mine.
    At this stage of proceedings and with our season on the line I would prefer Morris to play on Riewoldt. Not to sure who Williams would match up with this weekend. He may start on the bench with McDougall playing across HB.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    In: Grant, West, McDougall, Faulkner
    Out: Hill, Tiller, Power, Wight.

Match-ups:
    Harris - Gehrig
    McDougall - Kossie
    Williams - Riewoldt (I'm shaking as I type it)
    McMahon - Milne
    Ray - Montagna
    Hargrave - S. Fisher
    Boyd - Harvey
    gee i personally wouldnt play jordy on milne...he's too loose. Morris for mine. I like the idea of hargrave playing a fwd tagging role on s.fisher.

surely everitt can play hargraves role down back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post

Whoops! I left that one out - Morris to Del Santo.

Milne will get his 5 possesions and 2 goals, Jordy has to hurt him going the other way.

Harbrow and Williams were ordinary on Friday and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them (or both?) get dropped but I'd rather they stay in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    gee i personally wouldnt play jordy on milne...he's too loose. Morris for mine. I like the idea of hargrave playing a fwd tagging role on s.fisher.

surely everitt can play hargraves role down back.
    It's not a bad idea to put someone like Jordy on Milne but Jordy's form is very bad at the moment and I think he will come under review. He will probably play though because of the depleted list.
    Bulldog Pride will never die