Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sherman keen to add bite as Bulldogs look to increase options in attack

Brent Diamond - The Age - 21 Jan

Former Brisbane Lion Justin Sherman is feeling
    quite at home with the Western Bulldogs

WESTERN Bulldogs recruit Justin Sherman says he wants to be one of the alternative goalkicking options that Rodney Eade's team is chasing as it seeks to spread the attacking load this season.

Last year, the Bulldogs's predictable path to goal was through spearhead Barry Hall, who kicked 80 goals in his debut season for the Dogs. The next best was Daniel Giansiracusa with 35.

Sherman, who crossed from the Brisbane Lions during last year's trade period, will be an important asset on the half-forward line and in the midfield, particularly with the Dogs losing Brad Johnson, Nathan Eagleton and Jason Akermanis.
    Advertisement: Story continues below

Sherman said the Bulldogs would be looking for sidekicks for Hall this season.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sherman keen to add bite as Bulldogs look to increase options in attack

Damn I want this season to start already!!!

Post Thanks / Like

How many Sherman stories are there going to be before the season starts?

It is probably just me but I am tired of hearing from him and about him - particularly when he speaks as if he is representing the player group. Like I said, probably an over-reaction but I wish he would get a few solid games under his belt before speaking to the media...he finished 2010 playing in the Queensland league for goodness sake.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I like how he sounds more confident of his position in the team. Previous with the Lions he was a bit like Everitt in not sure how/where he fitted in the lineup

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

It is probably just me but I am tired of hearing from him and about him - particularly when he speaks as if he is representing the player group. Like I said, probably an over-reaction but I wish he would get a few solid games under his belt before speaking to the media...he finished 2010 playing in the Queensland league for goodness sake.
    Was that a form issue or an injury that landed him in the seconds?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Was that a form issue or an injury that landed him in the seconds?
    He had some groin issues in the second half of the season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

A bit unfair on Sherman I think. He's a fairly young guy, excited to be at a new club, and looking forward to the opportunity to play in his new colours. We pride ourselves as the "Community Club", when he gets asked, is he supposed to say "No, I'd prefer to wait until May to speak to you guys"?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    A bit unfair on Sherman I think. He's a fairly young guy, excited to be at a new club, and looking forward to the opportunity to play in his new colours. We pride ourselves as the "Community Club", when he gets asked, is he supposed to say "No, I'd prefer to wait until May to speak to you guys"?
    Yes. One article I could happily deal with but he has been quoted more than Adam Cooney...

I did say I was most likely over-reacting, but it is really bugging me. Couldn't resist taking a shot at Brisbane upon departure and again in the paper before a ball is bounced. Be quiet, get a kick then say whatever you want. I don't think he realises he actually DOES have something to prove.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. One article I could happily deal with but he has been quoted more than Adam Cooney...

I did say I was most likely over-reacting, but it is really bugging me. Couldn't resist taking a shot at Brisbane upon departure and again in the paper before a ball is bounced. Be quiet, get a kick then say whatever you want. I don't think he realises he actually DOES have something to prove.
    You actually want him to say "No comment"?? He's only talking when he's asked.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

You actually want him to say "No comment"?? He's only talking when he's asked.
    And why do you think they ask him? Because they know a 10-second question will give them a 5-minute sound bite. He shouldn't say 'No Comment', he should point them at one of the other players and let them do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some supporters are a little wary of the media contact with players after The Aker-saga.
    The fact he is from Brisbane may not help.

Sense a no-nonsense, hardness and resolve among supporters and club this season. Edging success, but know knothing can be taken for granted. Dogs supporters are growing very impatient.

Am sure the club will be keeping a tight reign on media this season.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 22-01-2011 at 04:59 PM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Maybe some supporters are a little wary of the media contact with players after The Aker-saga.
    The fact he is from Brisbane may not help.

Sense a no-nonsense, hardness and resolve among supporters and club this season. Edging success, but know knothing can be taken for granted. Dogs supporters are growing very impatient.

Am sure the club will be keeping a tight reign on media this season.
    He played in Brisbane, he's a Tassie boy according to Rocket. And on meeting him today, he's alright. I think far too much has been made of Sherman's comments.

Post Thanks / Like

The new recruits all sound keen. You gotta like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    The new recruits all sound keen. You gotta like that.
    Definitely, I got round to most of them today, and they seem very enthusiastic about being here

Post Thanks / Like

He played in Brisbane, he's a Tassie boy according to Rocket. And on meeting him today, he's alright. I think far too much has been made of Sherman's comments.
    Sorry. What I meant was, the fact he is from Brissy may not help people from comparing him to Aker, like when he took a minor pot shot at his previous employer.
    Casting no stones at people from Qld.

If he is from Tassie then Rocket will develop a soft spot for him no doubt.