Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big men, big worries

I think 3 ruckmen would make us too inflexible. While Roughead may be able to play multiple positions, he wouldn't offer us a big enough difference IMO to change the game up for our benefit. I think what you need from the sub is someone who can come in when others are tired and just go full pelt for a half. This means i would like an attack minded running player, like a Sherman. Someone you throw in and tell to create. I woud have nominated Veszpremi as a chance for this role as his fitness is limited and he fits the attacking type of player I want but going by recent reports he might not be able to push as high into the midfield as I would prefer.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by West-Dog View Post
    I vote for the Flip-Side ,as I stated in the other thread we use three ruckmen , Hudson starting, Minson bench, Roughhead Sub . By doing this we keep them fresher throughout the season , Roughhead has the ability to cover HF or HB in case of an injury meaning a reshuffle due to injury doesn't change the structure too much , and if Roughhead is on early due to an injury I,m fine with that as the second ruckman on the ground can rest in the goal square . Now this of course means our bench of two players , one back , one forward will have to be well managed , the emphasis will be on skill and flexibility for the bench players . Ward is as must have for the Back , Jones is putting his hand up for the Forward.

Interesting times !!

I have never seen him play in defence, have you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    The bench player classed as a back is a multi position player back/ midfield , the same as the forward is forward/ midfield , the two player bench I have outlined put a greater pressure on selection because of the flexibility required

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Ward has definitely played in the back half at times. Can't quote exact games but has played half back minding a player on more than one occasion in 2009, but probably only for a quarter or so. He defends well when asked to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Ward has definitely played in the back half at times. Can't quote exact games but has played half back minding a player on more than one occasion in 2009, but probably only for a quarter or so. He defends well when asked to do that.
    I seem to recall that as well although I don't think it's been for a full game.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"