Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 16 of 45 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF SuperCoach / Dream Team Thread

Not sure Mzungu and Callinan are that big a blow to peoples teams in the grand scheme of things. They are both such cheap and obvious buys that 99% of teams will have them, and therefore by buying them you don't have a chance of actually benefitting from them, but rather it just ensures you don't fall behind (does that make sense?). Dyson Heppel and David Swallow are two other obvious examples.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Not sure Mzungu and Callinan are that big a blow to peoples teams in the grand scheme of things. They are both such cheap and obvious buys that 99% of teams will have them, and therefore by buying them you don't have a chance of actually benefitting from them, but rather it just ensures you don't fall behind (does that make sense?). Dyson Heppel and David Swallow are two other obvious examples.
    If you have them in your team purely to score points then you won't get any benefit from them.

However, not having them in the team means you have to now find another 'cash cow' who is going to have a significant increase in price and allow you to eventually bring in another premium.

Mzungu and Callinan were both in a lot of teams, but a lot of strategies will have to change now that they're out. Their value is not in points, but in the amount of money that they would make you (by increasing on their starting price).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    If you have them in your team purely to score points then you won't get any benefit from them.

However, not having them in the team means you have to now find another 'cash cow' who is going to have a significant increase in price and allow you to eventually bring in another premium.

Mzungu and Callinan were both in a lot of teams, but a lot of strategies will have to change now that they're out. Their value is not in points, but in the amount of money that they would make you (by increasing on their starting price).
    Yeah I know but even then they are players you buy so that you don't miss the boat.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Mzungu/Callinan were the early Barlow/Podsiadly hopes of 2011..

I haven't had too much trouble replacing them but it's def. gunna re-shuffle a lot of teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Makes the midfield rookies choice very interesting.
    People will shuffle the likes of Libba/Wallis/Atley and the top 5 picks a number of times before lockout (I know I fiddle with the team almost daily).

Gia's ankle means I've got him as an upgrade target after round 4 with Lake.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    WOOF 5 League in Supercoach needs 10 more teams.
    Teams from the other woof leagues are more than welcome to join to help make up the numbers.

League code 963821
    joined, hoping to take out the title for worst shirt / shorts combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Teams from the other woof leagues are more than welcome to join to help make up the numbers.

League code 963821
    I'm in. Now propping up the ladder in two leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

League code 963821
    There are four spots left in WOOF5.

Shane Crawford's team was in the league but I clicked a link and he was gone.

If only I could do that with my television.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
    There are four spots left in WOOF5.

Shane Crawford's team was in the league but I clicked a link and he was gone.

If only I could do that with my television.
    I'll jump on board.

I've learned SC is massive where I work.

3 leagues: Seniors, Reserves and Rookies comprising promotion/relegation from year to year for top/bottom 4.

$50 entry at the start of the year gets you 3 social events through the year, 6 pack for the highest score for the week out of the 3 leagues, and trophies for the premier and runner up in each league. The bloke who organises it foots a fair bit of the bill at the end of the year, any change he has goes back into more food and drink for the functions.

Post Thanks / Like

Woof 5 now full.

Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking of replacing Mzungu with Skinner, what to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Was thinking of replacing Mzungu with Skinner, what to do?
    Should be a few other options available who will play early games, I'd say best bet is to wait until the teams are listed and then make the final adjustments.

I'm currently mulling over Cross or Cooney as my Bulldogs midfield player. I currently have Crossy, who is very consistent, but Cooney perhaps has the potential for bigger scores and is a bit cheaper....anyone care to offer an opinion?

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder to someone with the name Dean and team "Dills With Pills" in WOOF3. Your team doesn't seems to be completed. Please complete your team to enter the competition. If not, I may have to remove you from WOOF3 by tomorrow and empty the spot for someone else.

Hope you are reading this.

Team Dills With Pills Sean 0 0 0 0 0-0 0 0 N/A 0
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I know vast majority of woofers are just in supercoach but for anyone who also is interested in Dream Team I have created a new Woofers league so anyone keen to join the code number is 394478.
    Still 11 spots open for any dream teamers still looking for a league or any super coaches looking to give dreamteam a crack, come on you know you want to.

Post Thanks / Like

Some useful info about injuries & possible newbies for round 1.

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!