Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WOOF SuperCoach / Dream Team Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    That's not right.

You need to link your MPPs otherwise they aren't much use. An example of this is me picking Prestia in the mids to link him in with my forward mids and Joel Tippett to be a link with Petrie in forward/rucks.

To cover for a position, they need to actually be in that position.
    Thanks Rocco, looks like I'll be a forward short then. Unless by some Miracle Majak Daw or Mitch Brown from Geelong get a game.

In any case Petrie is being benched for the newly acquired Zac Smith. Beauty part of this whole bye thing is that players who've had a bye don't go up in value for an extra week.

I could have sworn it worked when I tried it last year, though...

Post Thanks / Like

2163 this week, just savaged by the trash form of premiums, and picking Otten ahead of Duigan/Heppel.

2711 overall; goal of top 1000 looking more and more lofty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    This week is also a bye in SC head to head. Points count towards end of season total only.
    Thanks for that. I didn't know about this. I just done some more reading and found that
    ... "with the 5 rounds where three AFL clubs have a bye (Round 4, 5, 6, 16 and 19) also being 'bye' rounds in your leagues (no head-to-head match ups)"

So, make note that (Round 4, 5, 6, 16 and 19) also being 'bye' rounds

Source

Round 04 Bye: Brisbane Lions, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs
    Round 05 Bye: Melbourne, Sydney, West Coast
    Round 06 Bye: Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn
    Round 16 Bye: Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne
    Round 19 Bye: Brisbane Lions, Richmond, Sydney
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, thinking whether or not should make at least 1 trade to have a full 22 playing or just leave it, as not fussed about total score. I could get in Jude Bolton for Ward if I wanted to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I don't know why I persist with Cooney each year. I had a decision to make out of him and Griffen I wish I chose Grif.

I'm too embarrassed to list my ranking after a really poor week.
    I made a last minute call and went with Cooney too. Hopefully for the Dogs sake, and my SC sanity he turns it around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Yep, thinking whether or not should make at least 1 trade to have a full 22 playing or just leave it, as not fussed about total score. I could get in Jude Bolton for Ward if I wanted to.
    If your not worried about your overall score then there is probably no point to that trade.

Ward's value should still go up as he is performing above what he did last year.

Bolton is also performing above but i can't see it going up too much more.

In any case you are more likely to miss out on making money from selling Ward now,
    and also more likely to not make any money or even lose money on Bolton by picking him up now.

I'd say make your money on a kid, particularly a GC player whose value hasn't gone up yet. There's an easy profit for you straight away.

Pick up Bolton later on if he's still playing well with the extra cash you make now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    If your not worried about your overall score then there is probably no point to that trade.

Ward's value should still go up as he is performing above what he did last year.

Bolton is also performing above but i can't see it going up too much more.

In any case you are more likely to miss out on making money from selling Ward now,
    and also more likely to not make any money or even lose money on Bolton by picking him up now.

I'd say make your money on a kid, particularly a GC player whose value hasn't gone up yet. There's an easy profit for you straight away.

Pick up Bolton later on if he's still playing well with the extra cash you make now.
    I'm with cyberdoggie here.

If you want to avoid a 0, link the trade in with something that will help your team long term. I don't know the structure of your side but Ward for Prestia means you won't get a zero, get some money in the bank, the MPP that Prestia offers and a bigger cash cow.

Post Thanks / Like

Prestia got carried off with an injury on Saturday. It wasn't listed in the injuries but I'd approach with caution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I'm with cyberdoggie here.

If you want to avoid a 0, link the trade in with something that will help your team long term. I don't know the structure of your side but Ward for Prestia means you won't get a zero, get some money in the bank, the MPP that Prestia offers and a bigger cash cow.
    These links are useful: fanfooty - SC, fanfooty - DT. You can choose from the list of players, where their value are about to go up after their third games.
    It always seems impossible until it's done. Nelson Mandela

Post Thanks / Like

SC is such a fickle game.

Last week I couldn't crack 2000 and got rolled in 4 leagues.

This week I'm on 1618 with 7 left to play and one forward short. Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like

I just put in Bolton this week, as have only made 1 trade so far, thought I'd boost my midfield. He scored 50 something

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    SC is such a fickle game.

Last week I couldn't crack 2000 and got rolled in 4 leagues.

This week I'm on 1618 with 7 left to play and one forward short. Go figure.
    I'm in a similar situation 1674 with 8 to play. Missing about 3 premiums with Saints and Dogs having the bye so a very good score so far. Pity I'm not playing anyone, I'd like to get 1 win in this league.

Post Thanks / Like

I think scores will be higher than most people thought they would be because so many people would have high scoring rookies this week like Heppel, Duigan, Curnow & Darling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I think scores will be higher than most people thought they would be because so many people would have high scoring rookies this week like Heppel, Duigan, Curnow & Darling.
    Yep, got all 4 of them. Judd and Selwood had quiet ones and Krakouer is killing me but I'm still sitting on 1300 with 9 to play including Sandilands as captain.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Yep, got all 4 of them. Judd and Selwood had quiet ones and Krakouer is killing me but I'm still sitting on 1300 with 9 to play including Sandilands as captain.
    Krakouer I'm not going to complain about too much because his breakeven is only 40 at the moment and he's getting that comfortably.