Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs players in YouTube disgrace

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226001109037

Over the top headline. Nothing to see here.

Is that Cooney on that does a big slide down the road on an esky lid or similar (2min15sec in)?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs players in YouTube disgrace

Was only saying to my Dad last season, that we as a club seem to be very well behaved, then we see this clip.

Post Thanks / Like

Just gotta pull yer head in these days.Like it or not everything an AFL player does is heavily scrutinized.Carry on to much and these guys will have shortened AFL careers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Just gotta pull yer head in these days.Like it or not everything an AFL player does is heavily scrutinized.Carry on to much and these guys will have shortened AFL careers.
    As much as i think it's all just a laugh, you simply can't do anything anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the video was hilarious and was particularly impressed with Hopper's worm.

You have to love the Herald Sun. They won't probe beyond the surface of St Kilda's schoolgirl issue or Collingwood's HGH issue or Hawthorn's alleged drug culture through fear of pissing off their cash cows, but will take a swipe at us. YouTube disgrace, FFS?

This will be lining waste paper bins tomorrow (if it even made it to print).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we are very lucky we didn't experience a headline that read "Western Bulldogs players injured on end of season trip". I also wonder how many shop windows were urinated on that night, though perhaps that is standard behaviour for that distict.

Disappointing and certainly worthy of a stern warning from the club. If Cooney had won the Captainship of the club then the headlines would have been twice as big.

Post Thanks / Like

Also, before we laugh it off, drivers were intimidated and cars were clearly damaged. It was drunken, loutish behaviour involving drunken group think. Not a hanging offence because no-one was hurt, but so easily could have been.

Post Thanks / Like

Well there is a couple of parts to this story.

Firstly the players KNOW they should put themselves in a position like this, foolish and reckless.

Secondly Has the herald sun ever had a reporter out after 10pm on any night in the city? this is the sort of stuff that happens every night of every day, is it acceptable? no certainly not, is it back page newsworthy "disgrace?" heck no.

The good news about this is that the club will revoke some of the access that the Hun has been able to get over the years as they have just shot themselves in the foot, Well done herald sun, way to sensationalise with your mindless drivel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Is that Cooney on that does a big slide down the road on an esky lid or similar (2min15sec in)?
    Certainly is.

Quality effort from Adam... Just glad he didn't stack!

Post Thanks / Like

Shock horror, man in bunny ears!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Shock horror, man in bunny ears!
    Umm, yes and he already has a fair set on him!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with the sensational headline "disgrace...." but I am extremely disappointed that the boys didn't work out that someone was filming them, but I guess after 50 beers, you aren't quite as aware of your surroundings! Silly, silly, boys - I'm glad no-one was hurt (public and players) as it could have ended up much worse. Still, not a good look for our club.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post

Is that Cooney on that does a big slide down the road on an esky lid or similar
    (2min15sec in)?
    It is Cooney and if you look carefully, he has taken some bark off his left elbow during the slide because later, when he's putting his toes under the taxi wheel, he is bleeding and the left back of his shirt is wet/dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Embarassing for the boys, but the footage seems to have been taken in Soho during the Halloween Festival in Hong Kong which pretty much turns the wheel area into a nightclub.

At least that explains the bunny ears, as for Cooneys dancing, thats another matter.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit of stupidity on an end of season trip. I couldn't care less - it doesn't make me disappointed, shocked, appalled - or anything. In terms of footage from late at night on a footy trip...well I'm pretty happy that is the 'scene' that is out there.