Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs players in YouTube disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    His exact words were "and was that Daniel Cross I coud see in the background"
    He seemed to be keeping an eye out to make sure it didn't get to out of hand, Morris was there too on the same side as Cooney.

Who is the guy that comes out of the bar, stands behind Crossy and calls everyone in. It's at 4.44.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2PotScreamer View Post
    This incident borders on 'disgraceful'. They are professional football players on large six figure salaries (which puts them in the top few percent of income earners in this country). I expect this behavior from uneducated boozed up bogans, not professional sportsmen. They are paid handsomely for what they do which means they must be committed to upholding the standards required of them by the club and the AFL regardless of if its an end of season trip, their annual leave or whatever. The truth of the matter is that when you get paid as much as these blokes do, you are never really on leave or divorced of your responsibilities to your employer.
    Fantastic interpretation of the worm right at the start. Super stuff that.

Unfortunately footballers on end of season trips ARE uneducated boozed-up bogans. I'd love our team to be full of surgeons and lawyers, but that's hard to achieve when football has been your sole focus since you were a kid.

Our guys have stressful jobs, and deserve a chance to let their hair down and act like the kids that they are. They've done a fantastic job at keeping out of the headlines thus far, and this 'story' is nothing more than a chance for papers to cover the AFL during the off-season.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 07-02-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Many of our team members are studying for Degrees at Universities and Tafe Colleges, but this does not excuse their stupid behaviour. Whether they like it or not, they are Ambassadors for our Club and role models to our children who aspire to be elite sportsmen and sportswomen themselves. As I have stated previously you can have a great time with your mates without drinking to such excess that you do not know what is going on and at the same time being caught on camera and then distributed to all and sundry. We are better than that at the WB. It is now 2011, not 1970.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying Susie, but honestly when I heard and read about our stars being involved in disgraceful drunken behaviour on the streets of Hong Kong I expected it to be far worse, so that may explain why I (and possibly others) don't think this is as serious as it is being made out to be.

By the way, on players in the video that appears to be markovic doing the wiggling worm thing at the start, Williams in the reddish flannelette shirt, Tutt with the "You look good tonight" sign, Morris in a black shirt drinking a beer on the right, Cross in a black shirt on the other side of the road, Higgins on the right, Jones who helps Hooper up after the worm, Howard in the background, Prato in the skinny jeans, Rose as the small redheaded bloke who is everywhere at the start and Everitt in the background in a white shirt.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah crossy had the pink flashing glasses.

That made me chuckle and shake my head..the worst part as people have said is just the fact it was caught and released for all to see.

Jarrad Grant doing the 'Garry Lyon Warning' to that car =

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I understand what you are saying Susie, but honestly when I heard and read about our stars being involved in disgraceful drunken behaviour on the streets of Hong Kong I expected it to be far worse, so that may explain why I (and possibly others) don't think this is as serious as it is being made out to be.

By the way, on players in the video that appears to be markovic doing the wiggling worm thing at the start, Williams in the reddish flannelette shirt, Tutt with the "You look good tonight" sign, Morris in a black shirt drinking a beer on the right, Cross in a black shirt on the other side of the road, Higgins on the right, Jones who helps Hooper up after the worm, Howard in the background, Prato in the skinny jeans, Rose as the small redheaded bloke who is everywhere at the start and Everitt in the background in a white shirt.
    That's exactly what i was thinking as well, i was bracing for the worst, and in a way was actually quite relieved when i watched the footage.

Having been on MANY end of season sporting trips [doesn't justify things], and i understand the group or parts of the group were a little "silly" and obviously had a bit too much to drink, but in these current days of professionalism and having to be on their best behaviors 99.999% of all times otherwise you will become headline news, i honestly don't see alot wrong with letting their hair down.

Yeah ok, the wiggly car worm wasn't great, and the placing their bodies on cars etc, and lacked a certain amount of respect, my big thing in life is respect, and i have had someone get on my car one time out of fun, i wasn't impressed, however, the group wasn't totally out of control to the point of something really bad happening.

Silly yes, anything more than that, not too sure about that.

Post Thanks / Like

The most offensive thing about the whole affair was that rubbish of a song being played in the background towards the end of the video.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    The most offensive thing about the whole affair was that rubbish of a song being played in the background towards the end of the video.
    That and Hopper's crack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Who is the guy that comes out of the bar, stands behind Crossy and calls everyone in. It's at 4.44.
    Looks like Hahn to me, a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be suprised if the club could think up a greater punishment for the players than having the whole world see what a goose you can be when you've had a skinfull.

Hopefully we may now be the first VFL/AFL club ever to celebrate a premiership with a dry turn.

Post Thanks / Like

Showed the clip to a couple of guys at work and they laughed and said "is that it?".

I'm expecting a celebratory worm at some point during the year.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Showed the clip to a couple of guys at work and they laughed and said "is that it?".

I'm expecting a celebratory worm at some point during the year.
    That worm on the car should become an Olympic event, it was that impressive. You would not attempt it sobre and the finish was sublime, landed on both feet with no hint of a slip, 10/10. I now have more respect for the worm than I ever did! Coons and the robot dance was average, keep your dancing on the footy field

Post Thanks / Like

Just another opportunity for the wowsers to throw their opinions down everyone elses throats.

We really are becoming a nanny state.

People need to lighten up. Life is too short to not enjoy yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

When i played football our end of season trip was camping out bush in the middle of nowhere so we couldnt upset anyone or do damage except to ourselves and im talking back in the early 80s.

Post Thanks / Like

all im going to say is I wish i could do the worm like that!