Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs players in YouTube disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    Has anyone thought about our sponsors and their reputations? After all, we need our sponsors. This episode not only brings about disgrace to our Club, but to our long suffering supporters of the WB. So much work is being done off the field by the Football department and the Board to help ensure that we can be successful on game day. Will these men ever "grow up"!!
    Do we really think they're rocket scientists? (Well, WILLLLBUR may well be )... no one was seriously hurt, it was fairly low key stuff mostly.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Susie View Post
    So it is okay to go out and drink until you are "silly", put yourself at risk of harm and to other road users. Maybe, I am old fashioned but you can still have a good time without becoming so drunk that you do not know you are acting like fools and having your activities filmed for circulatiion. This must not be repeated again.
    Sorry Susie, but for those guys ages (say, average 24 or so), that stuff isn't unusual behaviour. They weren't the only ones outside the club.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2PotScreamer View Post
    This incident borders on 'disgraceful'. They are professional football players on large six figure salaries (which puts them in the top few percent of income earners in this country). I expect this behavior from uneducated boozed up bogans, not professional sportsmen. They are paid handsomely for what they do which means they must be committed to upholding the standards required of them by the club and the AFL regardless of if its an end of season trip, their annual leave or whatever. The truth of the matter is that when you get paid as much as these blokes do, you are never really on leave or divorced of your responsibilities to your employer.
    Just because they happen to get paid a lot for what they do, doesn't mean they automatically become super-intelligent. Nor does it mean they age ten years (in maturity). I agree with the "never on leave" thing in principle, but I know for a fact highly paid executives get drunk and do stupid things too. They've had a smack, no one was killed, raped, assaulted...

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Hong Kong last week. In that district, that's pretty much how it goes. Clubs are going to be very defensive about their end of year events from now on. Agree with another poster, go camping, confiscate all mobiles, cameras and let them go for it,
    While it is a bit funny, have to draw the line at jumping on someone's taxi. That's not right.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 08-02-2011 at 04:13 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

When my Filth-loving mate told me about this earlier today, I feared the worst. It was anti-climactic. Yes, they did some dumb things. Yes, I'd rather the YT footage didn't exist. Yes, they hold great responsibility as representatives of our fine football club. But, gee, as many here have noted, what a beat-up! Perhaps it's our clean skin that makes it appear so bad (to some others). They messed up, copped their whack, end of story.

After viewing that, I'm not sure whether the most disgraceful thing was a) unidentified plumber's crack early in the piece , b) Jarrad Grant's ears covering his already imposing ears, c) people placing their feet in the path of slow-moving vehicles, or d) Coon's ridiculous dancing.

Come to think of it, it's d)... no doubt about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't see a whole lot wrong with it until Hooper does a very impressive worm on a taxi. I get sick of people saying that the players are just letting their hair down. We all go out and let our hair down after a stressful time at work but jumping on cabs and stopping people from doing their jobs is where i draw the line.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with anfo. It is unacceptable what they did. But it is still a media beat up. When I let my hair down I don't throw myself into taxis. Still it was a media beat up.

Post Thanks / Like

not to bad some funny bits and at least st kilda woke up this morning and said thank god it's not us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Didn't see a whole lot wrong with it until Hooper does a very impressive worm on a taxi. I get sick of people saying that the players are just letting their hair down. We all go out and let our hair down after a stressful time at work but jumping on cabs and stopping people from doing their jobs is where i draw the line.
    You're saying it was wrong but impressive?? Isn't that a bit contradictory?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=AndrewP6;198886]You're saying it was wrong but impressive?? Isn't that a bit contradictory?[/Q
    I'd rather have seen him do that on the sidewalk or after he kicks the winning goal in the grand final not on someones car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    You're saying it was wrong but impressive?? Isn't that a bit contradictory?
    It WAS impressive! But that doesnt mean he should have done it...

Post Thanks / Like

Are St Kilda conspiring against us???????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Just another opportunity for the wowsers to throw their opinions down everyone elses throats.
    We really are becoming a nanny state.

People need to lighten up. Life is too short to not enjoy yourself.
    I find this offensive. Give your opinion on whether you think the behaviour of the players was appropriate or not. But keep your opinion of other posters to yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

It would not at all surprise me if Hoops is remembered for 2 things in his career, the one game and doing the worm during the offseason. Thats 2 more than me!

Post Thanks / Like

Having finally seen the video (no youtube at work),I was pretty relieved given how bad it could have been (and potentially sounded). I think what they did was not particularly disgraceful or shameful, just stupid and unnecessary. I would have freaked out completely if I had have been in the car and the boys were opening to doors on me as I was driving.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    When i played football our end of season trip was camping out bush in the middle of nowhere so we couldnt upset anyone or do damage except to ourselves and im talking back in the early 80s.
    Not such a silly idea.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!