Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harbrow determined to shine for Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well he set a standard for run from the back.

What the Doggies need is for Easton Wood to step into the breech and provide the run with more penetrating kicking and superior defensive work. We will then cover the departure (not loss) of Harbrow and be a better side.

I wish Harbrow personal success, just not premiership success with his new club, until the Doggies at least bag one or two flags.
    Harbrow did set the standard for run from the back but his disposal was less than the adequate as was his ability to compete in the air.

Wood has the pace to run from defence with the same sport of flair. Whilst his disposal is not elite either, his ability to compete in the air and one on one is far better than that of Harbrow. His body mass allows him to be stronger over the ball.

I believe Wood will cover his loss admirably.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    Harbrow did set the standard for run from the back but his disposal was less than the adequate as was his ability to compete in the air.

Wood has the pace to run from defence with the same sport of flair. Whilst his disposal is not elite either, his ability to compete in the air and one on one is far better than that of Harbrow. His body mass allows him to be stronger over the ball.

I believe Wood will cover his loss admirably.
    Wait and see I guess.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    I don't really care about the move one way or another, but am interested in this bit of the article.

Surely this is the first instance of a player admitting to having open contract talks while still in contract (and playing) with another team? I thought that you were only allowed to have contract talks in designated trade periods unless you are out of contract, so isn't this a clear breach of AFL rules (although we know how malleable these are)? We know it happens but no one has been dumb enough to openly admit to it. If it is a clear admission of guilt we should hit GC, the AFL and Jarrod with everything we can, just to push our weight around against these new big clubs.
    But would we really gain anything out of this? Basically it would put us in a shit fight over an issue that in the great scheme of everything doesn't matter too much. I'm fine if other clubs wish to pursue it, but I'm not even sure it matters that much and it would be a distraction we wouldn't need.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I do not wish him, or anyone who plays for any other team, the best.
    I wish him and every other player and club in the league, THE WORST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Dancin' Douggy, if this were Facebook, I would click "like" on your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Here here DD and Soph. I hope he gets cleaned up, legally, early against us and suffers a severe corky

Post Thanks / Like

Harbrow has made his choice.
    He is not a Dog now, so if I'm watching him play against anyone else bar the Dogs, I will admire his brilliance and quietly stew.
    But he is now the enemy and will enjoy seeing hit by a couple of really solid , legal bumps.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    But would we really gain anything out of this? Basically it would put us in a shit fight over an issue that in the great scheme of everything doesn't matter too much. I'm fine if other clubs wish to pursue it, but I'm not even sure it matters that much and it would be a distraction we wouldn't need.
    There's a reason that no one else has been dumb enough to admit guilt -- the threat of legal action. If someone actually slips up and no one follows through, we may as well rip up the rulebook and declare free agency today.

The point isn't so much whether it matters -- the point is that as a legal entity one has to use all means at our disposal to protect our interests. We don't know at this point if it will even end up a 'shit fight' -- the AFL may well just shoot some hush money across, I mean, agree to a settlement, but to not even look into it would be derelict.

Having said all that, I'm not actually 100% sure re: the actual wording of the trade rules around the black hole that is GC17 and GWS (I'm not sure anyone is except Scotty Clayton!) where it seems that new rules emerge every week as and when suits the powers that be.

Post Thanks / Like

One of his shoulders is almost kaput, and will continue to cause him issues for the rest of his career, one good whack and its going to go again.

Great player for us I think in the short term we will feel some pain, we are going to have grow with Easton, he will make mistakes etc, but in the long term I think his loss wont make a huge difference.

I'll also totally contradict my above points by saying we were 5% off being a grand finalist last year, would a player like a fit Harbrow in our team give us the 5% we need?