Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFL sliders

Post Thanks / Like

AFL sliders

http://www.theage.com.au/polls/afl/a...a4xk.html#poll

Of 3340 people surveyed 32% believe WB will be out of the top four this season

Doggies 32%
    Handbaggers 27%
    The Filth 6%
    Aints 20%

A bit surprised at this poll. Younger, hungrier list with some fly under the radar types - Cordy, Wood.
    On paper, without injuries, from the shoulders down, this list is as good as any in the comp. The rest remains to be seen.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL sliders

I think the votes for saints and Pies are about where I would have expected them to be, however I would have expected the reverse figures for cats and dogs.

My vote goes to Geelong simply because they have been up the longest and with all the off season changes their team has declined overall whereas I think out has actually improved.

The big unknown for me though is how all our off season injuries/surgeries are going to come up against the Cats who could give one last push, invigorated with a new coach and a new message

Post Thanks / Like

The average football follower/observer knows nothing. They're going to get a big surprise when we perform like we should this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Just how I like it. Hated how we were favourites at the start of last year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just doesn't feel right does it B.A.D ^_^
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Then again, learning to deal with expectations is part of the game.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I agree B.A.D. Prefer to stay under the radar myself

Post Thanks / Like

i am not surprised.... we dont have the strongest following and we havent performed v the top 4 teams in recent times.....having said that I think we are primed & I think the handbaggers are certs to miss the top 4 this year....unfortunately i cant say the same for the aints & the toothless horde....
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Would you honestly take time out of your day to actually respond to one of these polls?

Collingwood wins all of these 'public opinion' polls because they have a brain dead, fanatical drone following who will set the alarm to get up (at 3pm) and vote as often as they can until their phone credit runs out, or their fingers can no longer negotiate the alcoholic haze and drool that renders their phone keyboard inoperable.

If the debt collectors and parole officers would leave them alone for even a few minutes a day there wouldn't even be room in any poll for any other team.
    The only question would be
    Q. how many flags will Collingwood win in the next 10 years?
    A. a) 10. b) 10. c) 11.

And the result of the poll would be 12.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Would you honestly take time out of your day to actually respond to one of these polls?

Collingwood wins all of these 'public opinion' polls because they have a brain dead, fanatical drone following who will set the alarm to get up (at 3pm) and vote as often as they can until their phone credit runs out, or their fingers can no longer negotiate the alcoholic haze and drool that renders their phone keyboard inoperable.

If the debt collectors and parole officers would leave them alone for even a few minutes a day there wouldn't even be room in any poll for any other team.
    The only question would be
    Q. how many flags will Collingwood win in the next 10 years?
    A. a) 10. b) 10. c) 11.

And the result of the poll would be 12.
    Ha! nice one. Agree with all these points but the last.
    Every Collingwood supporter i know is quietly very pessimistic. Don't ask me why.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll let Collingwood go back to the powerhouse days of the 70's and 80's, always there but could never win it.

And the biggest other thing for them is to have us as the Carlton's, Hawthorn's and North's so we can win 10 flags over the next 10 years.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour, oops I mean Fact of the matter is that the pies will win the next 7 in a row and will have 100K members by start of this season.
    I know this to be true because a Collingwood I want to jump on the Band Wagon Barraker who's never been to a game told me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shnookie View Post
    I agree B.A.D. Prefer to stay under the radar myself
    Have been under the radar for years and where has that got us.

Possibly being on the radar may be the thing we need to bring about a GF winning culture to the club.

Geelong and Brisbane were never under the radar and look at their success the last few years.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Rumour, oops I mean Fact of the matter is that the pies will win the next 7 in a row and will have 100K members by start of this season.
    I know this to be true because a Collingwood I want to jump on the Band Wagon Barraker who's never been to a game told me
    Apparently the already have 52,000
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Did you meet him at the dentist while he was getting his front teeth removed ?

I took the pups bowling the other night and we have now decided to call a '7 - 10 split a Collingwood smile'.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Did you meet him at the dentist while he was getting his front teeth removed ?

I took the pups bowling the other night and we have now decided to call a '7 - 10 split a Collingwood smile'.
    No. He couldn't take his eyes off the racing channel (I wonder how he knew the pies won last year)

Good point with the Bowling