Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

For Will, there's away

For Will, there's away
    By Jennifer Witham
    12:03 PM Wed 16 Feb, 2011

WESTERN Bulldogs ruckman Will Minson is confident he has emerged stronger and better placed to tackle this season after putting a disastrous 12 months behind him.

The 25-year-old had a forgettable 2010 after missing almost the entire pre-season following toe surgery and a bout of soy milk poisoning that played havoc on his metabolism and energy levels and led to him being dropped twice.

Now, after an eight-week holiday to clear his head and a strong pre-season during which he has stripped weight and is in peak fitness, Minson feels ready to take on 2011 and fight for his spot in the Dogs' ruck.

Rest of Article
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For Will, there's away

Come on Big Will!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Wil can have a great season - he sure is looking the goods at the minute! No soy set-backs, no ops - bodes well for him!

Post Thanks / Like

You mean to tell me some of those reprehensible Bulldogs players, fresh from their 'disgraceful' shenanigans in Hong Kong, went and worked for a charity in the slums of India? I don't believe it! The media has made it quite clear to me that all footballers are drunken, drug taking, brain-dead sexual deviants.

I'm betting the Herald-Sun would even think about running a positive story like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    You mean to tell me some of those reprehensible Bulldogs players, fresh from their 'disgraceful' shenanigans in Hong Kong, went and worked for a charity in the slums of India? I don't believe it! The media has made it quite clear to me that all footballers are drunken, drug taking, brain-dead sexual deviants.
    You don't just have to take the medias word for it. Ask any ex-treasurer

Post Thanks / Like

Well it is great for Will that things are rolling along well.

Despite the amount of criticism, he cops from friend and foe of the Dogs, he is a great team player and an excellent ruckman.

He was an excellent double act with Hudson in the 2 previous seasons. His strength and aggression is needed and he provides grunt at the stoppages that Roughead is not yet ready for.

I have never lost faith in Will since I watched his first Werribee senior game. His performances at VFL level continually show that he is a terrific No 1 ruck and the natural successor to Hudson.

If he could start to be sure with his marking he would be a more complete player and perhaps get some respect from the football community.

There are lots of supporters who do not see Will getting much game time, but if he is left in the VFL, he could just about win the Liston.

I see him as an important part of the senior line up and his presence should help get Hudson through the season.

Post Thanks / Like

great call Bulldog Joe... If the rule changes mean only one of Minnow or the beard is selected then I think the instruction would be for both to be ultra-aggressive when selected. We are blessed to have 2 ruckmen who have plenty of desire to crash bodies and really hurt opponents. IMO
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Well it is great for Will that things are rolling along well.

Despite the amount of criticism, he cops from friend and foe of the Dogs, he is a great team player and an excellent ruckman.

He was an excellent double act with Hudson in the 2 previous seasons. His strength and aggression is needed and he provides grunt at the stoppages that Roughead is not yet ready for.

I have never lost faith in Will since I watched his first Werribee senior game. His performances at VFL level continually show that he is a terrific No 1 ruck and the natural successor to Hudson.
    You have rightly been a strong supporter of his and I agree he can still be a factor with us this year and beyond.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I love his hardness its sometimes over zealous though but the most frustrating thing is he knocks everyone out the way does all the hard stuff then drops the mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I love his hardness its sometimes over zealous though but the most frustrating thing is he knocks everyone out the way does all the hard stuff then drops the mark.
    Probably had too much "Soy Milk" on his hands

Post Thanks / Like

Will's a number 1 ruck, he might not get much of a look-in before Hudson retires, which I presume will be after this season.
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff