Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Brayshaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: James Brayshaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He failed dismally to do his due diligence and seek Ted Bailleu's support for the Ballarat redevelopment. Classic rookie error to side with one side of the political fence and not ensure the other side matches the level of support on the public record - even more amatuer hour considering everyone knew the Vic State election was going to go down to the wire. And the less said about his handling of the Hobart opportunity the better. Jeff Kennett played him like grand piano in his negotiatioins with the Tassie Govt, which wasn't so hard following Brayshaw's ham-fisted effort to try and tack on a quick meeting with the Tassie Govt on the back of a ODI commentary stint at Bellrieve Oval. Quite rightly, the Tassie pollies told him to go to buggery.

Agree that they don't have enough supporters, but they could have secured a significant 2nd venue (and associated income stream opportunities) in either of Ballarat and Hobart, both of which were endorsed by the AFL.
    This x1000.

I also like the 'Gen-Y' comment -- these are guys who seem to think that you can make things happen by being slick (as opposed to actually needing to know stuff), as if the real world worked the same way as in the movies. Quite funny, actually, if tragic for Norf peeps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    JB is simply out of his depth. A real Gen-Y type, he doesn't seem to be that sound of a businessman to be able to effectively run an entity such as a footy club.

Especially one in dire straits like North are at the moment.
    Cam Rose would be great for North Melbourne. What's he doing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He failed dismally to do his due diligence and seek Ted Bailleu's support for the Ballarat redevelopment. Classic rookie error to side with one side of the political fence and not ensure the other side matches the level of support on the public record - even more amatuer hour considering everyone knew the Vic State election was going to go down to the wire. And the less said about his handling of the Hobart opportunity the better. Jeff Kennett played him like grand piano in his negotiatioins with the Tassie Govt, which wasn't so hard following Brayshaw's ham-fisted effort to try and tack on a quick meeting with the Tassie Govt on the back of a ODI commentary stint at Bellrieve Oval. Quite rightly, the Tassie pollies told him to go to buggery.

Agree that they don't have enough supporters, but they could have secured a significant 2nd venue (and associated income stream opportunities) in either of Ballarat and Hobart, both of which were endorsed by the AFL.
    People dismiss Jeff a lot, mostly because he shoots his mouth off at every opportunity, but trying to go up against a highly-intelligent former Premier of Victoria in negotiations with a state government was always a stupid idea without doing your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I would like to know the number of fans from other clubs who went out and got a North Membership just to support them. I know of quite a few people.
    I got a cheap couch membership. I want all Melbourne clubs (except Carlton) to stay.

I also think they're (NM) idiots for not going to the Gold Coast though.

I remember buying a Fitzroy membership back in the day, when Dougie went there. Maybe I'm a jinx.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post

I got a cheap couch membership. I want all Melbourne clubs (except Carlton) to stay.

I also think they're (NM) idiots for not going to the Gold Coast though.

I remember buying a Fitzroy membership back in the day, when Dougie went there. Maybe I'm a jinx.
    If so I will give you $200 to buy a Collingwood membership.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If so I will give you $200 to buy a Collingwood membership.
    If they were ever in trouble like North is, I'd give and help. I am certain there had to be at least one Collingwood fan putting money in the tins in '89, so for that one person I'd give also.

Although, Collingwood are the ones who fling the “go rattle your tins” shit at us constantly. So, maybe I wouldn't give quite as much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornAScragger View Post
    If they were ever in trouble like North is, I'd give and help. I am certain there had to be at least one Collingwood fan putting money in the tins in '89, so for that one person I'd give also.

Although, Collingwood are the ones who fling the “go rattle your tins” shit at us constantly. So, maybe I wouldn't give quite as much.
    Several members of their cheer squad were at the Fightback Rally in '89 and spoke passionately about trying to keep us afloat.